LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop flicker. Prob with drivers?

Chaz-_-

Hello.

I have a HP Pavilion 6540eo notebook and I've been experiencing a very annoying problem the last few days. The thing is that my computer started acting weird, for no reason of which I can think of. The computer flickers when I try to watch a video (vlc, winamp, youtube etc), and it also flickers when I try playing a game. I don't think it's a problem with my video driver, since I've already tested other drivers without any result. (And in this special area, my situation is delicate, since I've downgraded from windows vista, and HP doesn't support xp, thus, I download from www.laptopvideo2go.com)

I've also tested adjusting the Hardware acceleration without any luck. I thought it was a codec problem at first, but now I don't know. The behaviour reminds me back when I had windows vista (Vista basic mode)

Is there anything I can do to stop this (system recovery? formate the whole thing?)? Help is much appreciated!

BTW, my graphic card is Geforce 8400 GS

I'll be putting up specifics if you ask me (if it's necessary). Thank You!

I use this chipset -> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_520_winxp2k_12.15.html