LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce Go 7600

ZaluRagar

Hey guys, sorry to run in with the usual post-Christmas morning questions you probably receive a lot of, but I have a few questions.

I currently running an HP dv9000 with an Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 with Direct X 9.0c, Windows XP 32bit, and I received Crysis as a Christmas gift. I installed it, and started the game up. Everything seemed to be fine, until I started a new single player campaign, in which the loading screen never went away, my computer froze up, and a blue screen popped up that said a certain file had messed up, something like N4_div or something.

A month or two ago I downloaded a new driver for my card (since for some reason Nvidia no longer makes them), and I was very happy with the results. I was able to turn the resolution up much higher, and got a nifty new control panel.

However, now with this problem, I'm wondering if the driver I installed has messed up a file this game needs. So I came back and am trying to find a new driver that will support it, but from what I'm reading this card and this game don't seem to mesh very well to begin with. Right now I'm downloading the microsoft update that was posted yesterday on the site, but I'm wary to install something that I'm unsure will work.

So, my question is: Even if I get the game running, will it be worth it? I'm not in the mood to play a game that's going to have a terrible frame rate and make it a pain to play. I would -much- rather take the game back and exchange it for one that I'm sure I can play. Considering my card and the driver issue, I'm just not sure what to do. Taking it back isn't too big of a deal to me, I've not been -dying- to play this game, and there are a few others I'd like to have just as well that aren't as graphically intense. But if my problem is fixable, and the game will run well, I'd love to play it. :)

Thanks for the help.

Edited by ZaluRagar

Hey ZaluRagar,

How r u doing? Did u solve your problem? I have the same problem as u do, except i didn't find a driver sofar. My last update is from HP august 2006 ( version 86.38). I got a dv9055ea and i contacted HP for this and they directed me to this site. I installed one of the drivers at hand here and all i got was a black screen. Eventually it flashed a blurred blue screen with the same warning about N4_div and rebooted. But u said u installed a driver two months ago.. which one is that and where did u get it? I am trying to get this thing fixed so i can play Timeshift.. it starts up but then crashes while loading singleplayer. So please let me know if u can help me or when u found something.

greetings Swift

Hey ZaluRagar,

How r u doing? Did u solve your problem? I have the same problem as u do, except i didn't find a driver sofar. My last update is from HP august 2006 ( version 86.38). I got a dv9055ea and i contacted HP for this and they directed me to this site. I installed one of the drivers at hand here and all i got was a black screen. Eventually it flashed a blurred blue screen with the same warning about N4_div and rebooted. But u said u installed a driver two months ago.. which one is that and where did u get it? I am trying to get this thing fixed so i can play Timeshift.. it starts up but then crashes while loading singleplayer. So please let me know if u can help me or when u found something.

greetings Swift

I had the 163.75 driver, which has worked -fine- for every other game I wanted to play. Now I installed the Microsoft update, and all of my other games still work fine (possibly better), except Crysis. Installing the microsoft update fixed the n4_dist error, but Crysis is still completely unplayable. It's not simply that the video quality is bad, it's just that the video is practically non existent. Everything is broken, 1/2 the textures are missing. the screen has divided itself into two pieces.

Crysis has announced a patch to be released sometime in January, which should fix a lot of problems with it.

Want my honest recommendation? Take it back and get something else. If a company wants to sell a broken game and expect me to keep it when I could just as easily take it back and exchange it for a game I can immediately enjoy, they aren't going to get very far. I don't have that much love for any game.

Edit: you can read about the upcoming patch here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....c=16737&hl=

My responce to it:

Same as I said above. Take the game back and get another one, and have fun while other people wait for a patch that shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by ZaluRagar

Guest peoples

I'm having the same exact problem. I too have a dv9000, haven't had an issue with any games until now. It crapped out right when it went to game play for the first time. I lowered the settings and then could play. I'll play for about 10 minutes....and then BSOD.....telling me my display driver went into an infinite loop.

I'm having the same exact problem. I too have a dv9000, haven't had an issue with any games until now. It crapped out right when it went to game play for the first time. I lowered the settings and then could play. I'll play for about 10 minutes....and then BSOD.....telling me my display driver went into an infinite loop.

Take it back and get The Witcher or Unreal Tournament 2003. ^_^

I've heard there's actually a game inside their boxes, rather than a $50 shiny Frisbee.

Take it back and get The Witcher or Unreal Tournament 2003. ^_^

I've heard there's actually a game inside their boxes, rather than a $50 shiny Frisbee.

Ok quick question! I just bought the gears of war and i got it installed but when i go to play it pops up and says i need nvidia forcware 163.44 driver or better. i have spent all day trying to download stuff but nothing works. any help would be great!! Thanks

Guest Ralph Alan D'Souza

Hey ZaluRagar,

My laptop has the same display card as yours...an Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 although I have a Toshiba A130 laptop. I'm able to play Crysis quite good with the 169.25 display driver which I got off of LaptopVideo2Go. My card isn't overclocked or anything but is able to run the latest games like Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Crysis etc. at around 25-30 FPS. After tinkering around with Crysis, I found out that the following settings form a best balance of performance and quality:

All the settings on the left panel of 'Advanced Graphics Options' must be set to low and the ones on the right panel must be set to high. Also, the resolution must be 800x600. These settings may seem weak but trust me, the game still looks and plays stunnningly.

Hope this helps.

Ralph Alan D'Souza

• 9 months later...
Guest lboehme

OK, everyone I had the same problem. I have an HP dv9000cto 64bit running Vista Ultimate. 16 mos. old. After extensive help from HP support, their verdict was that my motherboard integrated nVidia GeForce go 7600 was fried and that I needed a new motherboard. I live in California and the cost is $429 which includes 90 days warranty. Time required will be 7 to 9 days round trip.

I doubt that was the problem the others were experiencing, the problem was most likely old drivers. This is a very old thread at which time, the drivers may not have functioned correctly with Crysis, although I believe the 158.45 would have worked. $429 is very expensive though, but I guess there isn't much you can do about it.