LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Assasins Creed

Garandhero

So Ive been playing Assasins Creed for like, 6+ hours now and I have to say... wow.

I wont lie, I have it for PS3 and play on a 42inch LCD... its amazing, the landscapes, the scope of the game beings so massive its truely impressive

a great showing of what can be done with games these days.

Just wanted to post about it... tis the game section anyway :)

Anyone else wanna discuss AC? and its uberness :)

My brother has the game for 360, but I plan to get the superior PC version of the game.

It looks decent on the consoles, but a lot of the graphics are very outdated. Especially textures, world detail, lighting, ect.

I have also heard the game is old after you beat the first few objectives, a lot of the game does seem repetitive after watching somebody else play. Of course I haven't played it myself yet so I'm not sure how fun it actually is over time.

You also need yourself a better TV, 42 inches was big like 5 years ago. By the time the PC version comes out I should playing the game in WUXGA on a 110 inch screen. We have a 52 inch plasma at home.

My brother has the game for 360, but I plan to get the superior PC version of the game.

It looks decent on the consoles, but a lot of the graphics are very outdated. Especially textures, world detail, lighting, ect.

I have also heard the game is old after you beat the first few objectives, a lot of the game does seem repetitive after watching somebody else play. Of course I haven't played it myself yet so I'm not sure how fun it actually is over time.

You also need yourself a better TV, 42 inches was big like 5 years ago. By the time the PC version comes out I should playing the game in WUXGA on a 110 inch screen. We have a 52 inch plasma at home.

What Bill has heard is absolutely correct. I bought the Limited Edition version on release day. Got tired of the game that next weekend. Definitely a good looking game. Surviving fighting really depends on either running away, or counter-attacks. The game gets really really repetitive after the 2nd "level". Frustrating controls as well. Just do an extended rental. The Limited Edition wasn't worth the extra $20. (The figure that comes with the box is neat, but it fell off my desk and the foot broke off.)

Overall, fun for a few hours/days.

Well I like it.. I needed some PS3 games.. Still playing it and enjoying it very much, its a little repatative, but it seems to be getting harder, and theres alot of satisfaction is assinating hehe.

And size doesnt always mean better imo. a massive TV in a small room doesnt look right? the 42 incher is quite nice and looks very large in the room it is in, its the latest sony bravia LCD technology full 1080p. best picture ive ever seen, and fits the room perfectly. got a real nice bose surround system too Besides everyone knows LCD is superior to plasma..my uncle has a 52inch plasma from vizio and its crap compared to what i got.

actually it depends on the TV jack arse, some plasmas are better than LCD's and some LCD's are better than plasmas

i used to have a 42" LCD then i got a 50" plasma 1080p and the picture is amazing (Bright, Crips etc) also better than the LCD

Edited by GaryHook

actually it depends on the TV jack arse, some plasmas are better than LCD's and some LCD's are better than plasmas

i used to have a 42" LCD then i got a 50" plasma 1080p and the picture is amazing (Bright, Crips etc) also better than the LCD

keep trying to convince urself... nah im sure some Plasmas are decent. I mean at least its better than DLP.

well in any case, the Sony Bravia LCD's > Plasma's..

LCD's superior for many reasons imo.

Edited by Garandhero

• 2 months later...

I have it for my Laptop, but i need the best driver for 8400m GS, now i installed 167.43 are they good for this game?or there are better drivers?thanks for answer :)

• 4 weeks later...
I have it for my Laptop, but i need the best driver for 8400m GS, now i installed 167.43 are they good for this game?or there are better drivers?thanks for answer :)

It has been said that this game doesn't support laptop-graphic-cards. Is anyone playing this with a Geforce 7xxx or an comparable Quadro-Model?

It has been said that this game doesn't support laptop-graphic-cards. Is anyone playing this with a Geforce 7xxx or an comparable Quadro-Model?

playing it on a go7900gtx, with the 16746 drivers, not tried any other drivers yet

it runs ok had to drop my rez to 1280x768, still plenty slow down in some areas though,

switching shadows off helps alot but doesnt look that great

playing it on a go7900gtx, with the 16746 drivers, not tried any other drivers yet

it runs ok had to drop my rez to 1280x768, still plenty slow down in some areas though,

switching shadows off helps alot but doesnt look that great

Thanks got the game today and it runs fine with everything maxed out though it's not that smooth as I expect an fps to be but in most areas it's ok & good looking. Drivers are 169.04

Think it will run on a 8600M GT?

People on youtube say u'll need like a 8800 it...i hope not, was looking foward to it on my laptop

Think it will run on a 8600M GT?

People on youtube say u'll need like a 8800 it...i hope not, was looking foward to it on my laptop

i would think it would run on it,

there are a few graphics settings to change, which do effect performance, you should be able to find a balance

right now there is no official drivers released that has optimisations for this game from nvidia, until they release a newer driver specifically for this game then u can be sure to stick to your current for the time being.

so just update your drivers to that version when nvidia releases it for max performance :)