LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M5500/nVidia 7600 GO Problem! Help :(

djaphotic

I have an Alianware M5500 with a nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GO graphics card.

My computer randomly crashed, and when I restarted there were lines running through the alienware logo, the windows loading screen, and the login menu wouldn't show. My screen would just be all black. No matter how many times I restarted the same thing would happen.

I reformatted my harddrive, took out my graphics card and put it back in, re-set my C-MOS, I tried reinstalling all my drivers, and all of them worked except my video driver

i've tried installing multiple drivers but none of them work...

Then, a few days ago, I downloaded a driver off the alienware site and it worked! but only for a day. then the same problem happened.

I really have no idea what is wrong, but it obviously has to do with the graphics card/drivers. I would really appreciate some help!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest daniel

I had the same problem about a month ago . the videocard is busted it means . i replaced it with an 8600M GT and now i seem to have problems with cooling the new one. i dont know. i hope i'll manage to get it to work between the standard parameters. thanks and remember the videocard is broken. bbye

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Daniel

Same problem here... I have had that problem happen to me twice with the same card... I have the m5550 and it has burned out constantly every year its a video chip problem it needs to be replaced make sure AW replaces it for you.