LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking GeForce Go 7700 Asus A8Js

Guest Luis Carlos

Guest Luis Carlos

Hi, i got an A8Js with an GeForce 7700 and i recently installed nTune and tried OC'ing my card by 50 mhz so clocks went up like this:

Core - 450 > 500

Memory - 400 > 450

I really liked the results, i got a very good 5 FPS speed increase for most games, and that little boost is essential for games like SEGA Rally which ran at 25 FPS and now runs at 30 -35 FPS.

My drivers are 169.28 with modded inf, and PowerMizer is working perfectly.

My questions are :

is it ok to overclock the card all that?

what is the max safe temp?

will the idle temp increase?

will PowerMizer still work?

Thanks very much.

yeah, those overclocking seems alright, quite safe(I believe you can go higher) :) , and the top edge temperture I would suggest anything below 80-85c, if you are using ntune of anyothere software to overclock i will not guarantee PowerMizer to work. Since overclocking it is forcing it to go to that clock speed at all times unless to tune it back. I do my overclocking by changing the bios of the video card(not as safe to do) but this way, I don't have to set the clock speed everytime when I want to game. Bios includes profiles like 3D applications, 2D applications' clock speed, it is autoadjusted via bios.

My Aspire 5920G settings:

8600m GT 256MB

stock: 475mhz core, 950mhz shader, 400mhz memory

OC'ed: 575mhx core, 1150mhz shader, 450mhz memory

temperture:

idle: 50~60ish

gaming: 75~85ish

Morris Lee

morrismurphy@gmail.com (email me if you need to ask me questions directly) :)

Guest Luis Carlos

And if i try to flash the bios and for some reason it's invalid, or it fails to flash it, or whatever error happens, will i be able to reflash or it will be "bricked"?

Thanks!