LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking 8600M GT 128 DDR3 Max Core Reached 1116 Mhz?

Moe Oz'man

MacBookPro 2.2 8600M GT 128VRAM DDR3 using Vista Ultimate 169.28 3300 3DMARK06 NO OC' .

Anyone with the same specific Running Crysis can give me the Best avilable Driver ?

Edit: Juz downloaded the ATITOOL started with 475/635

when i run for Maxcore No Error's for 30 Minutes Max Heat 80 the Core reached 1116 and countin when i stopped it !! is it normal ?

Another thing when i went for MaxMem it gives me a msg that my card is overclocked and i should watch for aircrafts or so , what is it ? .. after a reboot zo it went up in 30 minutes reached 1069 for Mem with stable heat 77 ..

Edited by Moe Oz'man

Lol 1116mhz? really? The most I would OC my 8600M GT to would be around 600-650mhz. Make sure you have a laptop cooling stand such as the Zalman Laptop Cooler. Perhaps your model is different, as my default cores are 475/400 (although mine is 512mb).

duno man but thanks .

1116 ? Impossible max you could get is 700Mhz and that would be instable like hell :)

• 1 month later...
Guest James
1116 ? Impossible max you could get is 700Mhz and that would be instable like hell :)

The max I can get on mine is 680. I can reach over 700 with some really high temps and a few arifacts.

From what I've seen, mine is one of the best at overclocking :)

Some people only get 500/475 and I can get 680/520 :P ITS A DELL ASWELL!!

• 1 month later...

The DDR3 8600M starts at 702 and I run it up to 840 with a good OC. I tried it with a just a vram oc to 8800.

MacBookPro 2.2 8600M GT 128VRAM DDR3 using Vista Ultimate 169.28 3300 3DMARK06 NO OC' .

Anyone with the same specific Running Crysis can give me the Best avilable Driver ?

Edit: Juz downloaded the ATITOOL started with 475/635

when i run for Maxcore No Error's for 30 Minutes Max Heat 80 the Core reached 1116 and countin when i stopped it !! is it normal ?

Another thing when i went for MaxMem it gives me a msg that my card is overclocked and i should watch for aircrafts or so , what is it ? .. after a reboot zo it went up in 30 minutes reached 1069 for Mem with stable heat 77 ..

no no no... haha please dont do that... for ur own sake... ull f*** up ur card...

ive done alot of testing on my card (8600M GT on my Dell XPS M1530) and highest i seem to get (depending on the driver, i hav to go lower on some to prevent crashing) is 680/910. Id say dont go over that... even if the temp is okay. its not all about the temp.

highest i seem to get (depending on the driver, i hav to go lower on some to prevent crashing) is 680/910. Id say dont go over that... even if the temp is okay. its not all about the temp.

First of all, I meant 880 of course and not 8800. Actually, I went further up to 951. You say 910. What is your reasoning on that? I mean even I wouldn't do more than 1900MHz, but how much more safety is in running VRAM at 1820MHz comparatively?

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

yeah over 1xxx Mhz is normal guys... Isn't that the shaders speed ?

For the core and memory as you say, is right.

I've got a 8600M GT 256Mbts DDR2, adn my drivers make Crysis run great on Medium details. (Though under directX 9 not 10... Yes I am using Vista)

I havn't changed drivers yet, tey're still the same that Dell gave me. they work fine.