LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Just got a Radeon HD 2600 XT

Dumptruck

I was reading the box and it states "Comprehensive DirectX 10 support".

Now i didn't know this card supported Directx 10 when i bought it but i was just wondering now how to get directx 10 for it, and also if i switch to directx 10 will that screw all the other non dx10 games i have.

I do know that this isn't really a ATI support forum but I know that alot of Nvidia cards can use Directx 10 so I figured that someone here knows how to get it.

Edited by Dumptruck

You need vista for directx 10

I would highly recommend that you stick to XP right now.

If you do actually get that piece of junk keep your XP install and set up a dual boot.

Thank you both for the comments, you can close this topic and or remove it if you want since I got my answer.

I would highly recommend that you stick to XP right now.

If you do actually get that piece of junk keep your XP install and set up a dual boot.

I don't know what has gotten into some people with Windows Vista.

Come on, Vista isn't bad at all. Just because it asks for more resources than XP you don't have to bash it all along. I mean, when XP got out it was the same! And with Win95 and Win98 as well!!!

Besides that, I can only find improvements in Vista over XP.

Anyway, I'm sorry. This was quite off-topic.

Going on with the topic:

DirectX 10 is automatically used in games that support it IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS VISTA on your computer. If you're still using XP you won't be able to use it. So far not many games can take advantage of DX10, but the list will quickly grow and DX10 should get better performance as new drivers keep coming.