LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP Pavilion DV9653Cl, 8600M GS OCing

Agent 87

Hi, Im kinda new to this forum, I searched around for awhile on here, but with no luck. :)

Im trying to get my 8600M GS overclocked, from the core settings up to what Nvidia says the specs are for my video card, I talked with an HP rep, and they went blah blah blah, and said something about the "power saving" so i told them that putting my laptop on high performance resolved nothing as the clocking in the card was still the same.

So what my problem is, What driver can I use (Vista 32bit Compatible) that is somewhat current, and can overclock this card? and also along with a driver, what OCing util should I use along with the driver, currently i already have nTune, Rivatuner, and atitool.

Any Help and I would be very grateful for some help, or pointers on what I should do. :)

Also if any more specs that anyone needs about the computer, which shouldnt be needed, I will gladly divulge.

Thanks,

Daryn _Agent 87_

Alright I guess this forum is no good, if no one wants to help, Ill just look elsewhere.

Thanks anyways.

:)

Please be patient, forums not always give you inmmediate answers, it may even take months for somebody to answer.

Anyway, I have your same card and yesterday I was able to OC for the first time.

Try installing drivers 169.04 and use RivaTuner or nTune to OC, that is the only way it works for me.

Make sure you uninstall previous drivers correctly before going to 169.04 though, as it may cause problems in OC if you don't do so.

Please be patient, forums not always give you inmmediate answers, it may even take months for somebody to answer.

Anyway, I have your same card and yesterday I was able to OC for the first time.

Try installing drivers 169.04 and use RivaTuner or nTune to OC, that is the only way it works for me.

Make sure you uninstall previous drivers correctly before going to 169.04 though, as it may cause problems in OC if you don't do so.

I tryed using the 169.04 drivers, and i also used the driver cleaner, with those drivers on my system it doesnt even let me chose to overclock with those drivers at all, which i think is strange! Because all the other drivers i use show the overclocking for it, yet it never sets the OC, but it does let me downclock it, and even that gets reset when i reboot.

:) I dont know, but Ive read a few things about HP locking the whole computer up, which is probably the problem, uggh i wish this could magically turn into a desktop, and id be on my jolly way.

If HP is the problem, would anyone know where i could get an "updated" BIOS for my system at? I cant seem to find it through google, maybe im not typing in a key word or something. :)