LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WoW - Bad Performance

Lethal Rise

Hey, How are you all? I'm ok...I have a slight problem that I'm unsure of what it could be. In World Of Warcraft I get horrible Frames per second, Their barely breaking 20 and I don't know what it could be. I don't have it on max settings or anything.

Here's my system specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz

2048MB DDR2

Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 - 256 Dedicated

I'm not really sure...I'm running the newest drivers you've released.

I have the same problem. Did you ever get the blue screen and crash?

I have the same problem. Did you ever get the blue screen and crash?

No, but my WoW crashes and my drivers do to...

I've been searching the web to find a solution to this issue for months. I've almost given up on WoW because it has made it too slow to even enjoy. It seems that the Geforce go 7600 and 7400 just can't play WoW and i have absolutely no clue why. No matter how many drivers I install/reinstall I can't seem to play this game. Everything else works fine, but there seems to be an issue with the game and not our drivers.

I've been searching the web to find a solution to this issue for months. I've almost given up on WoW because it has made it too slow to even enjoy. It seems that the Geforce go 7600 and 7400 just can't play WoW and i have absolutely no clue why. No matter how many drivers I install/reinstall I can't seem to play this game. Everything else works fine, but there seems to be an issue with the game and not our drivers.

Ah, yeah...

I have an idea, but I don't know if it works or not. But I guess its worth a try.

Get the "Blasc"-tool from www.buffed.de. I know the website is in German only, but the tool should be available in English, too.

This program has an option to change your graphics from DirectX to OpenGL. See if it works and tell me.

Marco

P.S. FOR THE HORDE!! ^^

I tried that and I had the same results, thanks for the input though. I think ill just take the logical approach and destroy my computer...

• 4 weeks later...
I tried that and I had the same results, thanks for the input though. I think ill just take the logical approach and destroy my computer...

Sorry to hear that it didn't work. Did you look up the Blizzard homepage.. maybe the know the problem and promised to fix it? Or maybe they still deny it^^.

There's one more thing I would suggest. Did you try an older driver yet? I had the same problem once: installed the latest driver and my already not-so-fast-laptop became even slower. Then I deinstalled it and tried an older one.. and voila, better results.

Hope this one works, see you in the world ... of warcraft.

Marco

• 3 weeks later...

n e new news??????????

• 3 weeks later...

Okey i found a post at the wow forums and some guy found out how to get the framerates back he wrote:

I have solved the issue with my Nvidia card. The answer is so stupid i can't believe that it took me to figure it out. The Problem is the LAUNCHER. if you have an NVidia card and also have windows Vista follow these steps to see if it solves all FPS issues.

Start-->Control Panel-->Classic view-->Nvidia Control Panel-->Advanced View-->3d settings-->Manage 3d settings

Then select the program settings tab

in the middle click "add"

Navigate to the world of warcraft directory then select "launcher.exe"

Save and exit

Hope that fixes all!!!

The problem is that "WOW.exe" changes the 3d settings which is normal yet Nvidia's current drivers don't do the same thing for the new Launcher.exe that was added.

Wow this solved my rainbow six vegas problem, the same thing was happening :)

Edit: wait no it hasn't, it jus politely kicked me in the balls again by majorly black screening, then when I get it back visible, framerate is unbearable

Edited by Bennisboy

I got Intel Core Duo 1.86, 256mb Nvidia Geforce Go 7400, 2gb ram.

More or less the same as yours,so I have installed 169.61 drivers from this forum.It was a miracle.You should try that driver.Don't forget to renew your other drivers (like network) and also installing new direct-x (from web installer).Hope that works