LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for overclocking and gaming on a 8600M-GT?

tabish

I have an Acer Aspire 5920G with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7300. 2GB RAM, and a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600m-GT.

You might think this laptop is powerful...

WRONG.

BioShock only runs at 800x600 max. and still kinda lags.

Crysis? Don't even think about it. I can barely even run it at 640x480!

And now I need some help.

I think there is a fix for this.

So what is the latest ForceWare which allows me to overclock and is best for gaming?

Thanks!

Guest feuermagier
I have an Acer Aspire 5920G with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7300. 2GB RAM, and a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600m-GT.

You might think this laptop is powerful...

WRONG.

BioShock only runs at 800x600 max. and still kinda lags.

Crysis? Don't even think about it. I can barely even run it at 640x480!

And now I need some help.

I think there is a fix for this.

So what is the latest ForceWare which allows me to overclock and is best for gaming?

Thanks!

hello tabish,

i have the same laptop acer 5920g t7300 with the same graphic card. i used the 169.09 driver with modded inf from laptopvideo2go, but im using 169.25 right now.

i play bishock in 1280x800 resolution with high detail and crysis in 800x600 >_< but everything is high to very high (modded autoexec.cfg)

(:

hello tabish,

i have the same laptop acer 5920g t7300 with the same graphic card. i used the 169.09 driver with modded inf from laptopvideo2go, but im using 169.25 right now.

i play bishock in 1280x800 resolution with high detail and crysis in 800x600 >_< but everything is high to very high (modded autoexec.cfg)

(:

Hi there i have the same as u aswell....im pleased with the laptop, but i cant seem to run the game, it hangs after the game is loading to get ingame..i mean i can start from the exe file and all is well, i can get into menus and such...but when i load the game it gets to 100 percentage....and then its sit there, and when i precc ctrl-alt-delete, there is a msg saying it had to close down.....I have updated windows vista...im on the 32 version, along with new bios e.tc....Ive been trying to change the drivers from that laptop site....So im out of ideas....Did u have any problems to play this game? im realy thanfull for an reply....And besides COD4 runs realy nice on this laptop :)

TY

/Magnus

If you'd only read the first post in this forum you'd get a pretty good idea. Check the sticky.

Well that didnt help me at all, i didnt find any info on the hang ups and the error thats in the background when i press ctrl alt delete...

Btw the problem is in crysis... I have tested alot of drivers....no diferences...Latest vista drivers...latest bios on this laptop, latest chipset drivers....so ive done some updating...Nothing helps!

So i have no ideas why i see some graficks in the game when it loads done....but then it stopps(never get ingame)...and then there is an error out in the windows saying like"problem and searching for a solution" something...

Getting kinda annoying when other people with same setup can run it without a problem...

I used the driver cleaner....but when i used that to clean the drivers out...i cant install any drivers again(It says the drivers aint any VISTA DRIVERS...Hurray!!!!)...and i have to use a "restore point" to get it up running again..

Any ideas befor i explode here?...

thx

Nvm i got it working i had to set the -dx9 command on the shortcut file, and now i can play in dx9 mode....still im confused what makes it not to work in directx10 though.....any ideas how to make it work in directx 10?......

Any files that needs updating?...

any thoughts would be nice :)

Nvm i got it working i had to set the -dx9 command on the shortcut file, and now i can play in dx9 mode....still im confused what makes it not to work in directx10 though.....any ideas how to make it work in directx 10?......

Any files that needs updating?...

any thoughts would be nice :)

Hey there... I aswell got the same lappy and i have noticed one thing.. And that is:

.Are you using some kind of OC program, like rivatuner or n-tune.

.Drivers that seems to be the best right now for this model is 16901, 16904 and 17116.

.My score in 3d mark 06 went from around 3400 to 4500p whith settings on 600/1300/500 with oc and games runs more smoother.

Like cod4 ( best game ever so far) biochock, pes 08 and even crysis. But crysis needs a powerfull computor so this lappy probably is a little bit to week for that.

The truth is out there

Edited by pulverputte