LaptopVideo2Go Forums

World of Warcraft - Random Black Screens under XP

Svarto

Hello everyone!

I have a problem, my computer a Zepto Znote 6615WD has recently began to have crashes in World of Warcraft. These crashes are random and does not happen at any specific time or location. While playing the game, my laptop screen is suddenly turned black (it is not really turned off as when i turn off the computer the screen goes even darker) and everything stop to function. The lights on my laptop are still light (such as the power button or the 2 buttons on the front of the laptop). The only way to resolve this is to hold in the power button until i force the laptop to shut down.

Does anyone know what the problem may be? There is nothing logged in the Event Viewer after the crash so i don't know the reason for the crash. My computer runs on Windows Pro SP2 and a 2.0ghz T2500 dualcore CPU and a 2gb RAM. I have a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 graphic card with the latest drivers that zepto has released, 6.14.0010.9792, date is 2007-04-27 for these drivers. I have updated my wireless drivers too and my sound drivers (Realtek HD Audio). I have tried to disable automatic restart in windows, i've also tried to disable any power management settings including the screensaver. Any help would be very helpful thank you!

/Philip

Edited by Svarto

• 3 months later...

Download driver 175.16 from: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18547 Also download the modded inf. Extract the files, replace the inf in the extracted folder with the modded one, then run setup.exe. The problem you have could be driver related, as you are running on drivers over a year old.