LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WoW Low fps - Nvidia GeForce 7150M

Nimbuz

Hello,

I recently bought a new notebook and I'm having a lot of issues running WoW. My old notebook ran it fine and it was a lot worse than my new one:

(HP Pavilion dv6500)

- Nvidia GeForce 1750M

- Turion 64 x2 1.9

- 2 GB RAM

- windows vista 32-bit

What happens is everytime I log in my game wont go over 8 fps. It's completly ridiculous, because with my old video card I used to get at least 50 fps.

Here's what I already did trying to solve this problem:

- Updated my driver to 173.28

- ran HP Update

- ran Windows Update

- installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1

- updated my BIOS

- turned off a few video options in WoW (including vsync, and triple buffering)

- I added "Launcher.exe" and "WoW.exe" to the list of programs that shows on Nvidia control panel

... and I still get 8 fps.

Could anyone please help me?

I have a similar problem, but with another game. The minimum requirements for the game I play is 32 MB videoram, recommended 128 MB videoram, and as you both know - NVIDIA GeForce 7150M is much higher than that so it should handle it just fine.

However, I lag very much and occasionally get a graphical overload (best way to describe it) so the game freezes and shuts down.

Isnt there anyone who have advice of solutions?

I have tried everything I can think of, included all the options Nimbus mentioned.

The laptop I have is DV9605oe.

I actually succeeded to increase some of the performance by downloading a hotfix for windows vista from nvidia's website as it was recommended for those who use directx10.

If you are using windows vista and directx10, this might help:

http://www.nvidia.se/object/windows_vista_hotfixes_uk.html

I also downloaded NVIDIA nTune from their homepage as its said to be a tool to help increase the gaming performances etc. Ive just installed it and am just about to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently brought the (2/29/2008) HP Pavilion DV9730US 17.0 @ 2.2 ghz@ 3GB ram, although this might be a better notebook than the one you purchased. I did however, remove the OS system and replaced it with Windows XP. I notice that my machine does not lag as my desktop, which is also an HP but with Vista. It has something to do with Vista and not so-much the Video card-remember the new OS requires that you have 1GB of free ram space for it to work and that is why we see the newer machine with more memory added to it. I would suggest that you remove the OS and convert back to XP, but with that you need to actually format your drive multiple times to reset some of the hardware inside the notebook. Please do not ask me why, but I think with the newer components are exclusively set to run with Vista only. It took me six to seven times to bypass certain features within the hardware to except XP. By the way, you should make sure that you have a recovery disc handy. I thought I broke my machine (approx. 8 or more hours to get it right) (Side note: XP only requires 512mb of Free memory leaving you with 1.5 GB of ram space to run your operations.) I hope this helps

Hello,

I recently bought a new notebook and I'm having a lot of issues running WoW. My old notebook ran it fine and it was a lot worse than my new one:

(HP Pavilion dv6500)

- Nvidia GeForce 1750M

- Turion 64 x2 1.9

- 2 GB RAM

- windows vista 32-bit

What happens is everytime I log in my game wont go over 8 fps. It's completly ridiculous, because with my old video card I used to get at least 50 fps.

Here's what I already did trying to solve this problem:

- Updated my driver to 173.28

- ran HP Update

- ran Windows Update

- installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1

- updated my BIOS

- turned off a few video options in WoW (including vsync, and triple buffering)

- I added "Launcher.exe" and "WoW.exe" to the list of programs that shows on Nvidia control panel

I have a similar problem, and Im hoping someone will help the both of us.

I have the same problem too.

tried to play warcraft 3 on my laptop (HP dv2715nr)

2gb ram

AMD Turion 64x2 1.9ghz

160gb hard drive

nvidia geforce 7150m

I only get 15 fps on warcraft 3.

on my old laptop (4 years old)

it even gets 40 fps.

please help us.

I have had the same problem and have been doing intensive research on this subject since Blizzard came out with patch 2.1.x

nVidia Control Panel. Under 3D Settlings select Manage 3D Settlings. (turn on the advanced options)

Anisotropic Filtering - This had been set to 8x, changed it to Off

Antialiasing - Setting - This had been set to 4x, changed it to None

Texture Filtering - This had been set to Quality, changed it to Performance

Display

- Resolution 1600x1200

- Vertical Sync - Checked. One has to figure out whether or not to Sync or no t to with your current Monitor, I am not Syncing with my Samsung LCD.

- Triple Buffing - Checked

- Hardware Cursor - Checked

World Appearance:

- Terrain Distance - about three notches up from low.

- Everything else set to low.

- Spell Damage is set to 50% during Raids.

Special Effects:

- Specular Lighting - Checked.

Also I use RivaTuner and Optimize the nVidia Card.

The Z-Tweaked 158.19 have been the most reliable so far, Just finished testing with the 171.23 from LaptopVideo2.com (I always use their Tweaked .INF files). These are better than 158.19.

Just some tips I thought I'd pass along. (These settings are to optimize WoW's FPS)

Hope this helps some. :)

:)

• 4 months later...

I am also having a laptop with geforce 7150.I have a similiar problem as well. I have installed service pack 1 for vista, but it didn't help much. After I have installed the driver using modded INF, theres a improvement in performance, but its still not perfect, the weird thing is, I can't run 2D games smoothly (eg: bejeweled 2, zuma).

I can outperform my 6 years old desktop with an ATI Radeon 9600 in most modern games, such as half-life 2, command and conquer generals. But my desktop works perfectly with 2D games. This is weird, since 2D games are suppose to be less demanding.

The sad truth is, an ATI Radeon 9600 beats the crap out of the GF7150. It is really a memory bandwidth issue, especially for Vista. The video card simply does not have bandwidth to handle all of the 2D and 3D data at once. Microsoft should have never released Vista knowing that it performs so horribly on integrated graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

lol I have the same laptop as u do

- Nvidia GeForce 1750M

- Turion 64 x2 1.9

- 2 GB RAM

- windows vista 32-bit

CANT EVE PLAY DIABLO 2 LOL the this is horrible ... the only game I can play is Starcraft Brood war man aint that sad ?

I used 2 play diablo 2 and unreal tournament with a P2 220 and 128 mb ram and 16 mb voodo and I was happy :) I'm now going 2 get that HP ARTIST BUT I HOPE THAT THE VIDEO CARD Doesnt sucks that this one ...

Core 2 duo 2.5

4 gb ddr2

IT HAS A Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS

^^I'm quite sure you mean 7150m.

The system you are going to get is going to be much better, just don't expect it to max all settings. Expect reasonably good performance though.

• 10 months later...
Guest Guy who plays wow

The reason why your video card rate sucks is because you are using an Nvidia graphics card. not that Nvidia is bad, I personally own one as well, but the developers of WoW are sponsored by ATI. The game is developed on and for ATI cards. From what I can tell, if you want a better framerate in wow, you need an ATIbased video card.

I'm also looking for a workaround as I don't want to buy an ATI card just to play wow

Hello. I have a HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dualcore TK-55 1.80 GHZ

2,00GB RAM

32-bit windows vista

Nvidia GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

I'm trying to play wow and I've tryed alot of stuff from google but nothing seems to increase my fps. Would buying a better graphic card increase my fps? or is it something else on this computer thats wrong? :)

Thanks

The culprit: Nvidia GeForce 7150M

And it's soldered onto the mobo (I think) so your only option is to get a notebook with some real gaming abilities.

• 4 months later...
Guest nikitosiusis

Hi there, WoW gamers. I have a little different card(7600m 256mb), but maybe can help you. I've reinstalled windows, installed latest drivers from nvidia site, turned on lowest graphics settings in wow and got the same problem as you. I deleted those drivers and installed from the CD with my notebook. They were 84.71. And wow I got 50fps. I don't say 84.71 is nice, I just claim that it is drivers' issue.