LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows Vista SP1

Guest JohnnyHong

Guest GuestVistax64User
gonna be released to the public in mid-march

The x64 SP1 version is currently available (as of 19/02/2008) to OEM, TechNet and Developer Network subscribers.

A version of the explanation can be found here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/64-bit-Vist...oft-79285.shtml

I have installed it and experienced no trouble whatsoever. The installation comes in three parts and takes a good long while to complete - About 45-50 minutes in my case. I am sad to report that there are no amazing increases in speed and I had no trouble with stability before applying the service pack. The one area of marked improvement is file copy/move operations which are substantially faster - perhaps. Vista SP1 re-adopts the XP model of file operations with a few exceptions having to do with network transfers so the perceived speed is much more on par with what XP users are familiar.

Other than the overly long installation time - longer than the base OS for me - I'd have to say that Vista SP1 is a fairly solid piece of code and is what most Vista users should have experienced out-of-the-box.

For those who are curious my setup is as follows:

Asus G2S

Stock 2.2 gHz Dual Core

4 Gb Geil 667 DDR2

Hitachi 160Gb 72k RPM disk

Vista x64 SP1

www.torrents.ru here are final versions of SP 1, i downloaded it 3 weeks ago