LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Did i fry my video card?

Guest Daimones

Guest Daimones

So I was attempting to overclock my underclocked HP 8600m GS and everything was going fine. I was going up minimal amounts and got it to 600-1300-475 and everything was running fine. I tried to jump up to 485 and the screen blacked out and I had to reboot. Now even when I set the clock settings the the forementioned one Rivatuner is showing 182-364-799 (Memory Clock Shot up??). it will sparingly go back to the settings but always drops back down and won't hold stable. I have switched drivers reverted default settings even when back to factory drivers. So what do you think did I f*@# up my new laptop?

btw I was using 169.04 drivers Vista 32bit

Also, can HP tell if I was tweaking GPU settings? =(

Do you even know how to overclock a laptop? U need a cooling system for your laptop (fans, chill pads etc). I dont think u fried ur GPU yet but maybe its crashing cuz of the heat.

You need to be prepared before clocking a laptop and get all materials necessary.

Guest Daimones
Do you even know how to overclock a laptop? U need a cooling system for your laptop (fans, chill pads etc). I dont think u fried ur GPU yet but maybe its crashing cuz of the heat.

You need to be prepared before clocking a laptop and get all materials necessary.

Umm the heat was fine it was staying stable at 57C. It had nothing to do with that. That is why I am confused.(btw I have a chill pad...)

It have happened to me too. It's just you put too high values, the GC cannot control it anymore. It's like humans, if you drink too much Coke, you cannot hold anymore and you need to go to the toilet :)

Edited by Hoffa