LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't overclock, need help!

Avenger411

Hey guyz i'm maxim. I've been in these forums for a lil bit now. andddd i've been reading all those stories, all those infos damn, it was long as hell. BUT NOW

i'm wondering why my 8700MGT(SLI) won't freakin overclock. i tried doing it under many drivers such as 170.171.172.173.174 didn't work all the time. What

it does ? i can crank my clocks and all the other stuff. then i click apply on startup, then apply. and IT IS supposed to work,but guess what IT'S NOT!. i even am getting

worse results in pcmark/3dmark and any benchmarks you can thinkk about. And the weirdest thing is that when i go back in Rivatuner, the damn application shows

the clocks the right way, by that i mean, it is still (suposely) overcloked. it's not the first time i've been overclocking so i'm not some kind of noobie.

But! it is the first time with a laptop, maybe it's different... So could anyboy would be kind enough to tell me what i am doing wrong; is it locked in the bios or god knows what is preventing it from

oc'ing... Thank you very much to all those that took the time to read me and try to help me.

Maxim

p.s : i was trying to oc with Rivatuner 2.06.

Edited by Avenger411

Hey guyz i'm maxim. I've been in these forums for a lil bit now. andddd i've been reading all those stories, all those infos damn, it was long as hell. BUT NOW

i'm wondering why my 8700MGT(SLI) won't freakin overclock. i tried doing it under many drivers such as 170.171.172.173.174 didn't work all the time. What

it does ? i can crank my clocks and all the other stuff. then i click apply on startup, then apply. and IT IS supposed to work,but guess what IT'S NOT!. i even am getting

worse results in pcmark/3dmark and any benchmarks you can thinkk about. And the weirdest thing is that when i go back in Rivatuner, the damn application shows

the clocks the right way, by that i mean, it is still (suposely) overcloked. it's not the first time i've been overclocking so i'm not some kind of noobie.

But! it is the first time with a laptop, maybe it's different... So could anyboy would be kind enough to tell me what i am doing wrong; is it locked in the bios or god knows what is preventing it from

oc'ing... Thank you very much to all those that took the time to read me and try to help me.

Maxim

p.s : i was trying to oc with Rivatuner 2.06.

UPDATE TO Y'ALL !

been able to oc with ntune. problem fixed thank you all!

UPDATE TO Y'ALL !

been able to oc with ntune. problem fixed thank you all!

Hi there Avenger. We had a similar problem so i am just asking for advice. I am trying to overclock my nvidia 7400 Go and everytime i change the settings nothing stays on and they keep return to the original values. Which drivers are you using? Also i tried the latest ntune but the program doesn't respond. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there Avenger. We had a similar problem so i am just asking for advice. I am trying to overclock my nvidia 7400 Go and everytime i change the settings nothing stays on and they keep return to the original values. Which drivers are you using? Also i tried the latest ntune but the program doesn't respond. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I actually have the same problem, I have a crappy GeForce FX 6100 .. and it keeps on doing the same damn thing, WITH 1-second warp after a while, I HATE THIS THING!!!!!! :)