LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking Nvidia Go 7400

Guest VK

I've been trying to overclock my Nvidia Go 7400 graphic card for a few days and nothing seems to work. I've tried many different drivers and various overclocking softwares, like ntunem rivatuner and coolbits, but to no positive effect. Everytime i was changing the core and memory frequencies, they keep changing back to the original ones. I think that the graphic card might be locked by the manufacturer of the laptop (its an HP). Does any of you out there has any advice to tackle this problem as i desperately need to overclock my nvidia? I know that i might need to flash my bios, so any guide there will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the exact same problem. These are my specs:

Sony VGN-FE21H

Geforce 7400 Go

Driver: 6.14.11.6375

Original freq: 450/700

So I managed to update my driver by using a modded inf from this forum, but I can't apply any frequency changes.

With Rivatuner for example, it detects when a frequency is too high (the test fails), but when I apply them and check back after I closed the window, the original frequencies are still there.

If I let Ntune detect the best frequencies, everthing is changed by 0% :)

Can someone help me (us) ?

I think that the graphic card might be locked by the manufacturer of the laptop (its an HP). Does any of you out there has any advice to tackle this problem as i desperately need to overclock my nvidia? I know that i might need to flash my bios, so any guide there will be really appreciated.

Not necessarily locked, my HP/Compaq had locked drivers as new and also when a newer was downloaded from HP. A still newer driver from Lv2Go wouldn'd overclock until I uninstalled it as should and cleaned the driver leftovers with Driver Cleaner.

Mine works now! Just install the top driver from the list (on this forum) with the modded inf file.

Old specs:

core: 450

mem: 700

New specs:

core: 592

mem: 786

Core speed is oc'ed above average, too bad it's quite a poor memory oc... When I go above 795 I don't just get artifacts, the whole screen is streched very badly...

Edited by humpus

• 1 year later...