LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Just a a quick question about my upgrade options

Guest Dino

Im currently on an m5750 with x1800 mxm type III, wondering if it would be possible to put an NV 7950gtx or 7900GTX in my system. Im aware that if possible would require some heatSink mods, that not issue *holds up his dremel with a evil smile*

But not sure about the over fit of card or the possibility that it might drain to much power for the system to support and or put off to much heat.

Any comments would be great or point out possible other options,

Thanks for your time guys.

Im currently on an m5750 with x1800 mxm type III, wondering if it would be possible to put an NV 7950gtx or 7900GTX in my system. Im aware that if possible would require some heatSink mods, that not issue *holds up his dremel with a evil smile*

But not sure about the over fit of card or the possibility that it might drain to much power for the system to support and or put off to much heat.

Any comments would be great or point out possible other options,

Thanks for your time guys.

correct if i am wrong but i suppose a 7900gtx produces about the same amount off heat and needs the same powersupply, as the x1800 has a huge power consumption for its abilities

kinda thought the x1800 was around that of a 7800, x1900 was just a pushu to match that of the 7900,but if possible then would i be able to look towards a 7950, seeing as its just push up from the 7900gtx? its a pricey upgrade but x1800 showing some age. and i just like NV

Welcome anyone thoughts or links on the matter.

Thanks again for your time