LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for the new nVidia 9500m GS....

austenn

Hey guys, this is my 1st post, i am not a noob!!..i use to be a mod at tweaks-r-us and now i ma a beta tester for tweakforce. I JUST got a Asus M50SV which has a nvidia 9500m GS and i was wondering if you drivers/modded INF supports this brand new mobile video card?????nvidia dont have any drivers for this card, yet they are selling laptops on them and nvidia have a page dedicted to the introduction of this new mobile card....

Thanks for your help.............

• 5 weeks later...

i often see this message "Video driver nvlddmkm has ceased to answer and has been successfully restored" or "Video driver nvlddmkm stopped to reply and was successfully renewed" and 3D artefacts appear while using windows aero.... WTF??????? & when will the renewed videodriver appear?

SCREEN ON: http://photofile.ru/users/pukka/115055496/...325/full_image/

I have:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz (2494 МГц)

Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)

DirectX: 10.0

GeForce 9500M GS

G84-50

ForceWare: 156.80

1791 МБ

512 МБ

0 МБ

1279 МБ

BIOS video: 60.84.6b.00.16

IRQ: 16

Шина: PCI Express x16

nvCplUIR.dll 1.4.200.18 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCpl.cpl 1.4.200.18 NVIDIA Control Panel Applet

nvExpBar.dll 1.4.200.18 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCplUI.exe 1.4.200.18 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvGameSR.dll 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvDispSR.dll 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA Display Server

NVCPL.DLL 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 156.80

nvViTvSR.dll 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

nvViTvS.dll 7.15.11.5680 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

Guest apu95

Yeah, I have the same problem... I don't get a BSOD though. I've the same laptop as you guys, and both the driver CD and the ASUS website have really outdated drivers. I mean, they're freaking 15x series drivers. We could probably get a lot more performance if we were able to upgrade them. The problem I have though is that I want to be able to keep my Blu-Ray/HD-DVD playback capabilities, and apparently if we uses a modded inf it'll break the WHQL and consequently break the playback... Is it actually possible to update the drivers and keep the WHQL?

... Is it actually possible to update the drivers and keep the WHQL?

there is if you can find your video card in the original inf and the drivers are signed.

look around the 167.xx section as the would most likely contain a driver that natively supports your card and is signed :)

that means dont need to use modded inf that breaks the sig :P

i often see this message "Video driver nvlddmkm has ceased to answer and has been successfully restored" or "Video driver nvlddmkm stopped to reply and was successfully renewed" and 3D artefacts appear while using windows aero.... WTF??????? & when will the renewed videodriver appear?

SCREEN ON: http://photofile.ru/users/pukka/115055496/...325/full_image/

i often got tha message when playing i was also on vista, the drivers kept crashing on me after i updated to SP1....

it was solved when i switched back to XP.

Im not knocking vista i liked it but the games kept crashing :)

Hey guys, this is my 1st post, i am not a noob!!..i use to be a mod at tweaks-r-us and now i ma a beta tester for tweakforce. I JUST got a Asus M50SV which has a nvidia 9500m GS and i was wondering if you drivers/modded INF supports this brand new mobile video card?????nvidia dont have any drivers for this card, yet they are selling laptops on them and nvidia have a page dedicted to the introduction of this new mobile card....

Thanks for your help.............

im preety sure the modded inf in 174.74 and up supports your card.

Guest apu95
there is if you can find your video card in the original inf and the drivers are signed.

look around the 167.xx section as the would most likely contain a driver that natively supports your card and is signed :)

that means dont need to use modded inf that breaks the sig :)

I found it indeed... I still have to check Blu-Ray playback but I was able to install them with WHQL at least. Thanks for your help! =D

• 4 months later...

I've been getting the nvlddmkm error on my 9500M GS with the last five drivers from laptopvideo2go. I thought it was just overheating, but now it's happening at 82C, which is far from the threshold, which I'm pretty sure is 97C. I think I'm gonna go back to 174's and wait until something better comes along...