LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New Laptop. Is this a good gaming laptop?

Deatheater Dewd

PROCESSOR Intel® Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE Microsoft® Works 9. Does NOT Include MS Word

LCD PANEL 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD Anti-Glare Display

MEMORY 3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM

OPTICAL DRIVE 8X CD/DVD+RW Read and Burn CD and DVD

VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce 8600M GT

HARD DRIVE 160GB Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive, 7200RPM, for Dell Vostro 1500 Notebook

MEDIA DIRECT Dell Exclusive MediaDirect Instant Play Software Application

WI-FI WIRELESS CARD Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Wi-Fi Internal Card

I want to play games like Frontlines Fuels of war, halo 2, gears of war, and maybe even Crysis. Will these settings be able to run them? If not, what should I upgrade (please dont say prosessor its like $400 more just to make it go up to 2.3 GHz). Thanks.

Guest Screwd

VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce? 8600M GT

It doesnt support Video Hardware Transform & Lighting. So you wont be playing much games. The hard ware is out dated.

You wont be able to play crysis on medium settings, u'll have to put settings on low to achieve decent framerates 30+. If ur seriously interested in playing games go for a desktop. For the same price you could get a better setup and a better graphics card.

T7250 is good enough, but the more Ghz the better.

8600M GT isn't a bad GPU, but then again you should be looking out for a better one (let's say the 9600M if you can wait that long). Otherwise an 8700 or 8800 even.

Good luck with you decision!

Guest Guest

your laptop is good, mine is very similar, with a t300 processor but only 2gb ram. i had the same worry that i would not be able to play crysis when i bought it, however it runs fine (for me, good framerates) on medium settings i.e. everything on medium. So with your 3gb ram it should be more than fine :)

(*hint before i buy any game that i am slightly unsure of working i check it out on system requirements lab, great site)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

my laptop - acer aspire 5920g, (T7300 2.0ghz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache), 2GB drr2 ram, geforce 8600m gt 256MB blutooth etc etc..

hope this helps, and make sure to update drivers, i use 169.09, works fine for all games so far :)

Dear Deatheater Dewd, please try to avoid such double posts, but welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I didnt know what section to put it under! If ya think about it, it kinda falls under both catigorys.

VIDEO CARD 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce? 8600M GT

It doesnt support Video Hardware Transform & Lighting. So you wont be playing much games. The hard ware is out dated.

idiot, that is one of the best laptop GPU's out there! of course it can play games, if mine can, then his can do better.

dont listen to this guy, thts a pretty good set of hardware!!!

Thanks. I got this laptop but i added better stats. Like $400 more of adding.

• 3 weeks later...

Kool bananas!

I have the same one :O:O

I would have steered away from 3 gig of RAM though...

MEMORY 3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM <---- cant run dual channel, because laptops only have 2 slots, and in order to run dual channel memory values must be the same