LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vostro 1400 w/GF8400M GS video

Dave Frandin

I recently bought a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop, w/ Nvidia GF8400M/128MB. The driver currently installed is the Dell-provided driver. I'm not currently seeing any issues with this driver, but since I use the laptop for some gaming, I suspect the old driver Dell provides might be a bit undesirable. Are there any issues with upgrading this system to the latest driver from here?

Has anyone done it on this model system??

Dave

This type of question comes in hundreds of varieties. And as this question has been answered as well in hundreds of varieties there is no definite answer. Also this is the wrong forum :)

As what i understand you ask what would be the advantage of updating your driver because you want to game and suspect better performance with more recent drivers. The answers are in the FAQ and in the support forum.

Yes go ahead. There is no better way than to try out newer drivers on your own. Uninstall the current driver, clean out remnants in filesystem and registry (using a driver cleaner). Install latest 174.74 and see for youself. You can always try to read the changelog and figure out what was changed/improved/fixed... if there is one provided by NVIDIA.

//moved