LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NTune F'd My Schnit Up. Help

FelixTheCat

My 8800m GTS stock clocks are 500/800. I've played around with ntune and pushed them to both 550/900, give or take a little. Now I want to use Rivatuner because I think ntune is really buggy and is most likely the main cause of my BSOD (black screen of death). However, when I use the hardware monitoring in Rivatuner is shows my clocks at 540/864......it should be 500/800. I'm using 169.09 w/ the modified .inf from this site. What gives? Is it just a misread?

Riva tuner has the tendency to report the wrong core clocks at as much as a +/- 48 margin. Download GPU-z to check you correct core and memory clocks.

Guest Guest
Riva tuner has the tendency to report the wrong core clocks at as much as a +/- 48 margin. Download GPU-z to check you correct core and memory clocks.

Ok, so are the driver level overclocks in RT supposted to show up in the hardware monitor? Are driver level just as affective as hardware overclocks?

Ok, so are the driver level overclocks in RT supposted to show up in the hardware monitor? Are driver level just as affective as hardware overclocks?

Yes the overclocks show up in Riva Tuner but the graph is usually a bit off. And I'm not a 100% but I do believe that both the mentioned overclock methods achieve the same purpose.