LaptopVideo2Go Forums

440go and Vista

villiansv

I am trying out Vista on my old laptop (Toshiba 5105-s501, with GeForce 4 440g, 32MB) and trying to find a working driver on this site. I know that the current nvidia drivers do not support my card, but I read somewhere that there were beta drivers in the 9x.xx series that did. I tried 97.46 and 96.85, which both installed all right, but both end up reverting to the standard VGA driver with an error code 43 in the device manager. I am not trying to get aero working, or play games - I simply want my max resolution at 32bit color for office-like tasks. Could somebody elighten me which is the last driver to support my card and I will try all available drivers up to that one? Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...

Hi there. Install the 72.30 version for XP-2K, it works just fine in Vista32. I just installed it on my 5105. Have fun !