LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Card clocked too high in the past?

humpus

I overclocked my Nvidia Geforce GO 7400 some weeks ago. I searched for the max values (when artifacts started to show up) and I clocked it 10 mhz lower.

I've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a lot and the game sometimes crashes.

The thing is, it crashes so bad that the sound repeats in cycles of half a second, the screen turns black and after that I can see part of my desktop but only in four colours, and the image flickers (although it's an LCD?) and has blue lines through it.

I just reset my laptop then because there is nothing else I can do.

But this is why I'm really concerned: when I'm watching a video using any program (VLC, Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player) there seem to be some kind of redering problems. Sometimes thin horizontal white lines show up in the top center and center of the screen. I'm afraid I'm destroying my video card.

I tried using the standard values, but it doesn't make any difference (ofcourse it doesn't, watching a video isn't performance 3D overclocked, but it was worth a try).

Can anyone help me with this? If overclocking could be the cause of these small lines? And are those kind of crashes so bad?

I overclocked my Nvidia Geforce GO 7400 some weeks ago. I searched for the max values (when artifacts started to show up) and I clocked it 10 mhz lower.

I've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a lot and the game sometimes crashes.

The thing is, it crashes so bad that the sound repeats in cycles of half a second, the screen turns black and after that I can see part of my desktop but only in four colours, and the image flickers (although it's an LCD?) and has blue lines through it.

I just reset my laptop then because there is nothing else I can do.

But this is why I'm really concerned: when I'm watching a video using any program (VLC, Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player) there seem to be some kind of redering problems. Sometimes thin horizontal white lines show up in the top center and center of the screen. I'm afraid I'm destroying my video card.

I tried using the standard values, but it doesn't make any difference (ofcourse it doesn't, watching a video isn't performance 3D overclocked, but it was worth a try).

Can anyone help me with this? If overclocking could be the cause of these small lines? And are those kind of crashes so bad?

Yeah sounds to me like that card be toasted. I could be wrong, so dont throw it out just yet. I would recommend you leave it at the standard clocks to prevent any further damage.

But I don't have any artifacts while I'm playing games or just working on my laptop. In only happens in videos.

Btw: It seems to be much worse in full screen, when the player is just maximized there are very little or none lines at all.