LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce G0 7150M vs GeForce 7150M

steinerp

Hi, first off thanks to all the hard work you all have done. I've learned alot about the whole process. I am in the process of trying to reset a HP Pavilion to windows XP. I am about to give up as the drivers HP supplied won't install and I can't find any drivers for the GeForce GO 7150M. When I tried to install the GeForce 7150M drivers they unsurprisingly don't work. Does anyone know what the difference between these two are or have any advice on what can work with the GO version?

thank you,

Paul

Basically they are Mobility hinting at the "M".

As far as a rollback...

You might want to take an inventory of the chips in the PC and make sure EACH has appropriate XP driver before you attempt a rollback. There are many audio chips that were designed around Vista such as those by Sigmatel, Conexant, and a few others. If you have any of these kind that receive drivers from Windows Update only. You will not be able to perform a rollback.