LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PC MicroWorks XR5 Blackhawk Q9450/8800M GTX

PV2 Bizkitcan

I bought a laptop from www.pcmicroworks.com and it has not been able to run a game for more than 10 mins without crashing. 90% of the time it crashes within seconds of trying to run ANY application that renders graphics. The support people have a been nice but have failed to deliver a solution. They say its a "known" problem... It's suppose to be a problem with the BIOS the new Q9450 processor is the supposed culprit. The problem is a graphical artifact crash, The screen gets tiled with 1cm in high by 1/2cm in width rectangles of random colors like tv snow. or warped stretched grafix from whatever game im running. Also it crashes out to the reboot load screen instantaneously sometimes.

I am in the US ARMY and have little free time as it is. 3 weekends i have had this expensive paper weight to lug around and try to run everything from bf2 cod4 CS:S WOW etc... I tried calling home to talk with my family and it crashed when I ran Skype......

post-23746-1208631514_thumb.jpg my system specs CPU-Z/GPU-Z

would anyone have any insight to this problem. I've tried the 167 Vid drivers and the 174. you can see i have the 174.82 running...

All and any help would be appreciated. ( I was told by the sales guy to open the laptop and check if the vid card is seated correctly... and told me i WOULD not void thier warranty???!!! )

This is labled as a BIOS issue. Would you guys agree ?

**45nm** IntelĀ® Core2 Quad Q9450 (2.66GHz/1333MHz/12MB)

4096MB Ultra Speed DDR2 800MHz Extreme Performance Memory + Heat-Spreaders

320GB @ 14,400RPM SATA300 Storage RAID 0 (2 x 160GB 7200RPM)

Standard 8X High Speed DVD-RW / CD-RW DL Burner

nVIDIA Geforce 8800M GTX 512MB DDR3 EXTREME GPU

17" HD WUXGA+ 1920x1200 Ultra Resolution GlassVision Wide Screen Cinema Display

8 Channel Advanced SRS WOW Surround Sound System

High Speed 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Networking Adapter

Internal High Speed V90k Dial Up Modem

Built In 802.11ABG 54mbps High Speed Wireless Adapter

Integrated Advanced Bluetooth v2.0 Wireless Adapter

Advanced TV Tuner + Remote Control

Dual Boot OS x64 Vist Ultimate & x32 Windows XP

Guest Guest

ugh! for some reason your post made me sick to my stomach. I feel your pain and wish I had the golden answer. If your comfortable with taking the panel off, have the proper screwdriver to do so and have a record of them telling you it would not void your warranty go ahead and check the cards seat otherwise tell them your not able to do this. This is just my opinion but the letters RMA come to mind. I would give them what you consider a reasonable amount of time and effort to solve the problem I.E. reformat or new bios if thats the problem (IMO seeing as it is graphically worthless.. today to a few weeks at most is reasonable). If not solved demand a RMA and return to manufacture on their dime. Personally I would go for a complete refund. I am truly sorry to hear of your problem. Keep us updated on how this turns out. Such nice specs and a hell of a chuck of change to be exactly what you said.. a paper weight.

all that said I'm assuming you have had this problem from day one.

ugh! for some reason your post made me sick to my stomach. I feel your pain and wish I had the golden answer. If your comfortable with taking the panel off, have the proper screwdriver to do so and have a record of them telling you it would not void your warranty go ahead and check the cards seat otherwise tell them your not able to do this. This is just my opinion but the letters RMA come to mind. I would give them what you consider a reasonable amount of time and effort to solve the problem I.E. reformat or new bios if thats the problem (IMO seeing as it is graphically worthless.. today to a few weeks at most is reasonable). If not solved demand a RMA and return to manufacture on their dime. Personally I would go for a complete refund. I am truly sorry to hear of your problem. Keep us updated on how this turns out. Such nice specs and a hell of a chuck of change to be exactly what you said.. a paper weight.

all that said I'm assuming you have had this problem from day one.

Yes from day one. I have this problem both in the Win XP Pro x32 and Vista Ultimate X64.

They gave me a beta BIOS that "should" have fixed the problem. Then another one was mailed to me, they were nice enought o mail me a flash USB thumb drive with a new BIOS but it did not make any diffrence in the crashes.

I was told that in a few weeks a new BIOS would be out that would correct this problem??!! I'll be asking what they can do about replaceing the whole unit and/or refunding.... They said that the partners at intel "overseas" were working on this problem with the BIOS encoding.

any insight from any hardcore laptop/hardware gurus would be much appreciated!!!

I'm Changing duty stations soon so shipping stuff around will be interesting....