LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v175.12 Windows Vista 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Just to give You the update:

Got the driver to install this time. I might have been logged on as a user as apposed to admin last time.

My 3DMark 2006 score is 3362 @Vista 64-Bit, 175.12

was before

3845(!) @XP 32-Bit, 167.58

Can somebody explain to me how to monitor the clock settings using rivatuner real quick? I guess I'll go check out an older Vista driver in the meantime just to see if it's in the same range.

cheers,

cube

Guest bolek69

Can some1 tell me how to disable nvidia conrol panel's tips or whatever it is ? From time to time a 'tip baloon' pop up from task bar telling me that my screen can be better if I turn up res to 1440x900. Ok, everything will be ok, but I have this res all the time. Can I disable it somehow ?

Monitor in RivaTuner:

Low-Level module -> Hardware Monitor. It has tons of plugist, but VGA clocks and temperature should be on by default.

Edited by Dirton

Monitor in RivaTuner:

Low-Level module -> Hardware Monitor. It has tons of plugist, but VGA clocks and temperature should be on by default.

I just reinstalled Vista because I had some trouble getting RMClock to work in user-mode, put everything back on (175.12) and I'm cool with how it is right now. 3DMark is back up to 3699, so the performance is pretty much at the point where it should be.

Nvidias external tools (Ntune to be precise) always srewed up my computer, so I'll pass on the ones You, BobJ, recommended for now. I'll look into Your tip though, Dirton. Thanks a lot guys!

edit: @bolek69: Did You try remocing all Nvidia relatet autostart entrys from msconfig?

cheers,

cube

Edited by cubeikon

What do you mean by remocing ? You mean to turn off NVIDIA Driver Helper Service ?

The only one that seems to install and work for me is the Xfastest 174.74. Anyone know if it is possible to use that inf with this driver?

1532 3DMarks with an 8400M GS

~40 points higher then with 169.25

i have as you GeForce 8400M GS but i can not install these drivers becasue i get a message that the insatller can not find proper drivers to be installed

what card drivers you are using??

where can i find them...and make it possible the installation of this drivers..???

Guest pemides
Not very a good thing to do, I recommend you to enable powmizer back in and change PowerMizerDefault, PowerMizerLevel to 1. I have been doing so for all drivers, don't know why mobilenvidia doesn't want to make it default setting, it'll be better for all of us. Normally clocks are set to 2D when, well, you?re working in 2D. :) And if you want to load some 3D game on battery then why do this in forced 2D mode clocks.

Thought this driver has some sort of problem, the clocks (according to RivaTuner Hardware Monitor) always go up when needed, but they rarely come down, mostly getting stuck in Performance 3D or Low power 3D. Can anybody confirm this strange behavior?

What is the difference? Anyway, I'll take your advice when I install my next drivers... but what is really the difference?

Guest coffeeguy
The only one that seems to install and work for me is the Xfastest 174.74. Anyone know if it is possible to use that inf with this driver?

I'm having the same problem with the p-6860fx. Its weird because I don't get the "no supported hardware found" error, instead after install it says something like hardware was not modifed, restart setup to install, I've tried it four times now and it still doesn't work.

I've tried it both through nvidia setup and through device manager, neither work. Notebookreview has a decent 6831/6860 community that are also running into the same problem, apparently these work...but I am downloading them at the moment, so I won't swear to it.

I'm guessing the problem has something to do with the 6831/6860 using 8800m gts instead of the 8800m gtx and the modded inf's not supporting the 8800m gts, perhaps

Cool, thx. I'll give these a try.

Memory type: DDR3 256MB

* GPU: GeForce 8600M GT

* GPU Frequencies: 475MHz (stock)

* Memory Frequencies: 700MHz (stock)

* Modded Inf: Yes

* Stability: Not Tested

* Tools used: GPU-Z

* Tweaks or things Enable/Disable: Aero ON

* 3DMark06 Professional 1.1.0 (1024x768)

* Laptop: ASUS G2S (Intel Core2Duo T7500 2.2Ghz/4Gb DDR2 667Mhz Kingston)

3dMark06 - 1024x768 - NO Overclock GPU - Stock settings (475/700Mhz)

169.04 = 4947

173.80 = 4963

174.74 = 5046

175.12 = 5050

175.16 = 5051

175.51 = 5073

175.63 = 5101

175.70 = 5099

To all you Gateway users with a 8800M GTS (and all other 8800M GTS users) as well:

There is a typo in the INF which only affects this particular GPU. Everything else is fine.

You can fix it on your own by doing a search in the modded for:

mobile,nv4

and replace the comma with un underscore so it looks like this

mobile_nv4

We will fix this soon.

Thanks for the update.