LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 7720

Adaram

I have looked all over the place on these forums. I am pretty "nontechnical" when it comes to video cards, although I do want to learn more.

I am pretty sure I need to upgrade the drivers on my video card. Because it's a Laptop, I was looking in the 1.67xxx forum area. I didn't see anything for my Acer Laptop, though (see subject).

I tried a few of the others where the model number was the same as my 8600M GT, but none of those worked (the exe said it was not valid for my video card or some such thing.

How do I:

a) find out what version I have (of drivers)

:) find the right driver upgrade from this site

I am sorry for the newbie questions...I am just still a little lost here.

Thanks in advance!

Oh also I am running Vista Ultimate 32

You need to download the inf und copy it into the folder in which you extracted the driver.

Jeez. I figured there was something basic I was missing. Doing what you suggested seemed to have worked. Instead of saying "I can't do anything", it went through an upgrade process of some sort. At one point it gave me a prompt because it didn't know who had made the driver (not NVidia I expect), so I said go ahead anyway. I have now rebooted, and...touch wood, things seem to be going fine.

How can I tell if a real upgrade happened? Is there some driver number or date or something that I can look at? Thanks in advance

you can tell you upgraded by installing

GPUZ

LINK

to check your driver installed correctly use that program and it will tell you your driver version as well as other useful imformation :)

also be sure to read the links on my sig (below this post)

you can tell you upgraded by installing

GPUZ

LINK

to check your driver installed correctly use that program and it will tell you your driver version as well as other useful imformation :)

also be sure to read the links on my sig (below this post)

Wow. Can I say how much finding this site and you all helping me ROCKS!!!

OK. I will.

This place ROCKS!!

I am currently playing in a Closed Beta for a game, and having this upgrade available (since Acer takes forever to do so) has made all the difference between me being able to play and not to play.

Thanks!