LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 7600 Go, Fresh Vista Install, 169.28, Cant OC

Guest Creeper

Guest Creeper

Did a fresh install of vista home, installed 169.28, rivatuner 2.09, cant oc, I dont understand, does anyone have any ideas im missing heh, thanks

Did a fresh install of vista home, installed 169.28, rivatuner 2.09, cant oc, I dont understand, does anyone have any ideas im missing heh, thanks

The word from the guy who does Rivatuner is that mobile graphics cards aren't supported by Rivatuner and therefore are not guaranteed to work. The only driver set that has allowed me to overclock my mobile card has been 169.04, maybe you could give that a shot. :)

You could flash the card bios, which I have done to my 7900GS, flashed it with a GTX bios, then flashed that to overclock it, using Nibitor 4.0. Can set the 2d clock rates as well. mine is 200,200 2d, and 600,600 3d.

Vista only: nTune and manually edit the default profile with the desired clocks (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\Profiles) and set rule in nTune to load it with Windows startup. Works with ALL and ANY driver and preserves PowerMizer functionality as well (automatic downclocking when no 3D is running), without you having to do any additional thing!

You could flash the card bios, which I have done to my 7900GS, flashed it with a GTX bios, then flashed that to overclock it, using Nibitor 4.0. Can set the 2d clock rates as well. mine is 200,200 2d, and 600,600 3d.

Guest Creeper

Reading the BIOS in Ni causes BSOD and the manual edit of the Default profile does not work and cause's errours loading it into Ntune, also .04 wont report my clock speeds. im at my wits end here, because I was able to oc on .28 before, but not anymore after the reinstall.

Guest Creeper

163.44 did the trick and brought me some of the best fps I have ever seen my carp put out, I highly recomend it to people with OC trouble and poor framerates, Thank you to all who helped.