LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700M GT help

kwyjibo

I've got a Toshiba x200 Core2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz

NVIDIA 8700M GT

Vista 32Bit

When I download a later driver for the video card everything happens fine I use the "Have Disk" method, but as it's all installing it crashes my computer. I get the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. The only way I can remedy this is to open the computer up in Safe Mode remove the driver and do a system restore.

This may not be the best method, but it works.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried 167.45, 169.09 and 171.?? I deleted the 171 because I wasn't sure it was for laptops.

Can any one assist? I've also searched this forum and can't find any thing related to my card and problem.

Guest Erhard
I've got a Toshiba x200 Core2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz

NVIDIA 8700M GT

Vista 32Bit

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried 167.45, 169.09 and 171.?? I deleted the 171 because I wasn't sure it was for laptops.

Can any one assist? I've also searched this forum and can't find any thing related to my card and problem.

You can use only 174 and 175 Series of the drivers on X200 without Bluescreens.

You can use only 174 and 175 Series of the drivers on X200 without Bluescreens.

Right I'll try that then. Thanks.

Well that got the game (Bioshock) going but now my computer wont return after going to sleep/hibernate. It Blue screens again. I downloaded 174.74. And afterwards it comes up with Rundll32 has stopped working.

Perhaps I'll try another driver. A 175 series?