LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with 8800m GTS and ForceWare

Guest Seth

Guest Seth

I cant seem to get my forceware above 169.12, i have tried tons of the drivers on this website and they just dont seem to install....Any help would be appreciated b/c I need to figure it out before saturday to play Age of Conan.

Thanks In advance

I have a Gateway FX 6860 with a few mods on it btw for system info and I run vista 64bit

Do you get an error while trying to install them ?

Guest Guest

dont get an error ...everything goes fine but when the install screen comes up it starts at half way done and then about 1 min later it goes all the way to the end and at the restart screen it says nothing has been modified

Guest 8800Mgts
dont get an error ...everything goes fine but when the install screen comes up it starts at half way done and then about 1 min later it goes all the way to the end and at the restart screen it says nothing has been modified

sounds like your trying to install the driver without removing the current driver. For AoC i'd say find the highest performance driver download the driver and moddified INF follow the instructions and enjoy. The Gateway laptops do kick some of the drivers in the nuts and make your waste your time. I know I have the 6831FX

Guest Mike

I had the same problem - the AOC installer said you need at least 169.21, and my 6860FX came with a much lower version stock. I went ahead and downloaded that exact version from this site (with the whole modified INI and all), installed, and problem solved.

Mike

Guest Mike
I had the same problem - the AOC installer said you need at least 169.21, and my 6860FX came with a much lower version stock. I went ahead and downloaded that exact version from this site (with the whole modified INI and all), installed, and problem solved.

Mike

I forgot to add that make sure you follow the instructions. Download the .exe file, run it. Then download the modified INI file, and replace the one that was just unzipped. Then run the setup.exe file, which should do it. Oh, just in case, make sure you uninstall any previous drivers first too.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 6860fx as well. I just installed the 174.93 drivers from this website.

I plan on playing AoC as well with this laptop.

I tested 3dMark with the original drivers and also the 174.93 drivers. My scores actually dropped. They went from 7861 with the original and 7387 with the 174.93 drivers.

Any idea why my scores actually dropped?