LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Huge problem about NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GS

genuine

I use HP Pavillion 9700T Laptop, 2.20 Ghz Dual Core, 3GB Ram and that Screen card. However, in age of conan my fps is about 10-12 in the lowest selections. The thing is I cannot install the driver installer program. Lastly I tried to install 171.16 but it gave me this error ;

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=44557534gb6.jpg

Guest Try this

Find the newest driver for ure laptop on this site, Download the driver with the modded INF file. Extract the driver and u should get a folder, copy and paste the Inf in to the folder and let it overwrite, then u can run setup.exe

If you are running vista go to : Controll panel : power management / select PERFOMANCE or something,

Thanks mate I installed it now, I saw max 40 fps, However this time it stucks for 0.7 seconds sometimes... I will try 175.16

I use HP Pavillion 9700T Laptop, 2.20 Ghz Dual Core, 3GB Ram and that Screen card. However, in age of conan my fps is about 10-12 in the lowest selections. The thing is I cannot install the driver installer program. Lastly I tried to install 171.16 but it gave me this error ;

I need somebody to help me.. The latest drivers actually did not solve my problem. I saw 30-40fps for 1-2 seconds.. Generally it stucks and normally I play with 8-14 fps. I play with the Lowest selections and those fps's I said is on the Lowest selection. Can somebody tell me that, your problem because of your laptop or your problem is because the windows version (vista) or because of xx....

thanks..

Guest staslig
I need somebody to help me.. The latest drivers actually did not solve my problem. I saw 30-40fps for 1-2 seconds.. Generally it stucks and normally I play with 8-14 fps. I play with the Lowest selections and those fps's I said is on the Lowest selection. Can somebody tell me that, your problem because of your laptop or your problem is because the windows version (vista) or because of xx....

thanks..

ok, I just solved this problem on my own computer, almost the same as yours.

it turns out Im an idiot and the computer was set for max batterylife, not high performance. changing it dubbled my fps

I am planning to change my Screen Card.. I guess Ati will be better.

Does anybody know, is that possible to change screen cards on laptops? I know that it's possible to change ram's... I couldn't find any info about it.

Guest Guest

i know people with worse cards that are running much better. There must be a bug. Not sure about changing the card on a laptop as they are usually part of the motherboard.

1)Try and make your page file bigger. go to advanced system properties and manage it yourself. change the size.

between 4500 and 5500. AC needs a lot of V-ram as well as conventional

2)Try different drivers... 175.14 or 175.70 for new games... or perhaps even 174.31 or 174.74

3)Try and overclock it. will give you 2-3 FPS more gamng.

Guest staslig
i know people with worse cards that are running much better. There must be a bug. Not sure about changing the card on a laptop as they are usually part of the motherboard.

I know it should be possible to get lots of fps with this comp.

My friend has the same comp as me and runs 60fps with lowest settings

Guest spectacle

uhm, might be a stupid question, I`m new hear though. Got the same aoc problem as you do with my 8600m gs. Which inf do you use for the newest forceware drivers? The newest inf from this sight to download are for 167.xx or something like that.

uhm, might be a stupid question, I`m new hear though. Got the same aoc problem as you do with my 8600m gs. Which inf do you use for the newest forceware drivers? The newest inf from this sight to download are for 167.xx or something like that.

no the newest is 175.##

look through the community forum, thats where the new ones are. the modified inf files are on the same page.

Actually, I tried about hundred things to solve FPS problem on Geforce 8600M GS 512MB Card.. However, I could not succeed.. Still looking for someone to tell me that, the problem is because of vista or etc.. Far as I understood, The problem is appearing because it is a Laptop. Laptops never give the performance as you expect as like on a dekstop pc..

Edited by genuine

my last suggestion...

test to see if its running 3d performance or 3d mode or even 2d mode.

If its not, or if you want to try.. disable powermeizer using the following:

in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your *.inf add the following:

HKR,, PowerMizerDefault, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

that will make sure its 3d performance

Guest spectacle

naah, a friend of mine has an identical laptop from Samsung and he downloaded the updated patch from the Samsung page. Aoc runs with about 40 fps on mid-low settings.... I hace an Asus and the last Driver update was April 2007. I play with lower settings around 20 fps

my last suggestion...

test to see if its running 3d performance or 3d mode or even 2d mode.

If its not, or if you want to try.. disable powermeizer using the following:

in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your *.inf add the following:

that will make sure its 3d performance

Thank you for your help mate but I couldn't locate this file => nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings

Guest Uholey

I have exactly the same Laptop you have, also a Hp Pav 9700T, same Fps probs with only around 10-12 in tortage and 5-6 in Khemi (this is with the latest official HP drivers, but according to what i've heard the modded ones dont do much either).

My guess is that it's a bug on Funcom's side, perhaps the coding not supporting 8600M GS cards or bad drivers alltogether (heard plenty of desktop/mac users complain in OOC chat about very low fps aswell)

In any case, do keep us updated if you find any fix for this problem apart from switching cards alltogether, i'll let you know if i find any fix aswell.

Greets, Unholey, an angry AoC-Player

Well I solved the problem a little bit. Now I play with 20-25 fps with the lowest selections. All you have to do is to download 174.32 (HP/Compaq) Driver from this website. Before you install it, make sure that you deleted the previous driver from your computer.

Enjoy :)

Edited by genuine

Guest Guest
Well I solved the problem a little bit. Now I play with 20-25 fps with the lowest selections. All you have to do is to download 174.32 (HP/Compaq) Driver from this website. Before you install it, make sure that you deleted the previous driver from your computer.

Enjoy :)

Meh, i guess 20-25 is a start, but nowhere near where it should be, looking at what low settings give you.

Thanks for the tip anyway, but i'm still hoping for a bigger fix than 10 fps on lowest :)

Thank you for your help mate but I couldn't locate this file => nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings

ok... in the modified inf file there is a subcatagory called "[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]"

open the inf in notepad. then find this selection and add this:

that will disable powermizer so performance 3d is on all the time.

Guest William

:)

Find the newest driver for ure laptop on this site, Download the driver with the modded INF file. Extract the driver and u should get a folder, copy and paste the Inf in to the folder and let it overwrite, then u can run setup.exe

If you are running vista go to : Controll panel : power management / select PERFOMANCE or something,

:)

The thing you have to do is to click My Computer with Right click of the mouse from the `Start`

Then choose Properties. System Window will appear after that, then you must be able to see the

system details of your computer. However the you have to choose Advanced System Settings. It is

at left side of the window. After that another window will appear. You have to choose Settings

in that page. Then It will link you to Performance options, all you have to do is select Adjust for best performance.

Note: This will distort the windows vista looking quality. It will be like Windows 2000 and 98.

However, this will give you an extra 20-30 fps.

On the other hand, you have to install the correct driver. I use HP and I installed 174.32. This driver

is manufactured by HP/Compaq. You have install a driver which will be suitable with your

computer brand. Hopefully, these information will be enough.

Enjoy guys.

Guest Guest

Its a slight bug on Funcom side, but set your Shader model to 2.0, setting the high quality distance to max. and theres a slider to do with shared memory, set that to max. As silly as it sounds the lowest settings often dont give the best performance, i Found i that setting it to High, then customly decreasing certain aspects gave much better performance. Was stuck hopping between 15-25 FPS, now geting 30-60 FPS. Though there are obvious issues (Direct X 10 not working) which will be addressed and will hopefully lead to better performance.