LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with Nvidia geforce go 7800 driver

Guest Pleasureman

Guest Pleasureman

I am running a Dell e1705 or Inspiron 9400 as they are also called. My Video adapter is the Nvidia GeForce Go 7800. Not GTX, not SE, just GeForce Go 7800. It works perfectly for the most part in all games.

I recently upgraded my driver using this site.

The driver that I had initially was in the 80's; something like 84.77 (quite old [June 2005-6]). I went here and downloaded 3 or more of your recommended drivers, always installing to your explicit instructions.

The drivers work. I am running the 174.74 driver for my adapter - but I have noticed that Warcraft 3: the frozen throne performance suffers. Every other game I have installed on my hd has noted big visual returns...but war3 seems to have decreased in performance. The framerates are really the only catch.

I play Warcraft 3: the frozen throne more than any game I own, and I am wondering this:

If I have the latest updated drivers installed for my card, and next-gen games that are visually taxing to a GPU are outperforming the old application (warcraft 3);

1. Is there some middle ground driver I can use where next-gen games perform well as well as warcraft 3?

2. Am I just missing some crucial piece of information about how these drivers work and if their architecture just doesn't support older games?

Please help. Thank you :) !!

before going back to an older driver, first try 175.16.

if that still fails in your game i reccomend a 167.xx driver as they are optimized for mobile grpahics card.

just be sure to unistall your driver before installing a new one