LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 7600 go overheat

MisterSchaf

Hi everybody!

i have a big problem.

my system is a MSI L735 Laptop, dual core 1,7, 3gb ram, nvidia geforce go 7600 256mb. winXP/32bit

everytime i play WOW, AoC or some other games, my system crashes. i think the problem is that its overheating, cause when i touch my lappy its VERY hot. do i have the wrong driver? i use the 169.28

i have put a book under the laptop so it is some cm away from ground, but its no use. does anybody know why? i think it cant be that the laptop (which is actually not very old) overheats with all games. i know i can use a cool pad but for simple games like titan quest it definately cant be! and it also crushes! :) ((

can anybody help me please??? want to play AoC (with minimum setting) and WOW without overheating :)

thanks!

sorry for english.

Edited by MisterSchaf

You can use either nvidia monitor (part of ntune) or rivatuner to check ur gpu temps. Usually something over 80C is bad but you should check what the operating temps of ur gpu are. You could also use speedfan to check the temps of ur processor.

Guest Alex
Hi everybody!

i have a big problem.

my system is a MSI L735 Laptop, dual core 1,7, 3gb ram, nvidia geforce go 7600 256mb. winXP/32bit

everytime i play WOW, AoC or some other games, my system crashes. i think the problem is that its overheating, cause when i touch my lappy its VERY hot. do i have the wrong driver? i use the 169.28

i have put a book under the laptop so it is some cm away from ground, but its no use. does anybody know why? i think it cant be that the laptop (which is actually not very old) overheats with all games. i know i can use a cool pad but for simple games like titan quest it definately cant be! and it also crushes! :) ((

can anybody help me please??? want to play AoC (with minimum setting) and WOW without overheating :)

thanks!

sorry for english.

I have the exact same problem! My laptop overheats and for example Company of Heroes freezes or crashes after some time.

Guest mathx

i had a similar problem, and corrected it with a bios update, but i should note that my laptop is an asus. try searching more info on google, about people with similar problems.

link to msi: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...mp;prod_no=1078

aslo, msi recommends to use some type of updater program (altough i know these programs are all useless).

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread...1669&page=2 (link to the thread where me and other guy discussed the problem with our notebooks).

hope this helps.

Try a change of driver. some run hotter than others, and some give better performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Open up your laptop, get at the fan / fans, and clean them out all the dust around them.

I had this problem come at me very slowly, opened my laptop to find the grills of the fans completely blocked with dust, took all the dust out, and my games were back up to good fps again, and not no more over heating.

Gluck.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest driverman
Open up your laptop, get at the fan / fans, and clean them out all the dust around them.

I had this problem come at me very slowly, opened my laptop to find the grills of the fans completely blocked with dust, took all the dust out, and my games were back up to good fps again, and not no more over heating.

Gluck.

Where did you get that driver from? I cannot even get AoC to run on my laptop at all.

For cooling... try purchasing a laptop cooling system. One that uses fans to suck the heat away. This may not solve your problem but will at least reduce its occurance.

• 4 weeks later...

just an idea, might not be even the cause...

bus the max of ram the l735 can handle is 2gb ddr, you mention yours got 3gb. if you have upgraded it this might be the problem...

because the factory details say it can only handle 2gb ram. 1gb ram in each slot...