LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Helpful Powersupply Advice given -- Dual 9600GT's

Lethal Rise

I recently purchased two ECS N9600GT-512MX EDM GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 and I was wondering if a KINGWIN ABT-520MM 520W ATX / BTX Power Supply would power them both with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor and 4GB of 1066 RAM?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...so I sincerely apologize if it isn't.

Edited by Lethal Rise

I use this site for my laptop, and I wasn't sure where else to post help for something like this..

Probably it would work, but I'd prefer a 550+ Watt for that kind a system. All Premium or A-graded brands of 550Watt+ should do fine for your system. IF you plan on overclocking and/or putting 9800's or better into your system in the future, you might want to consider 600Watt+.

Just to make sure, you should take a look at the review sites and their best buy guides for gaming pc's. They mostly will recommend something in the line of 650Watt+ and that's with more powerfull graphical cards and they even say it is 'overkill' in certain situations.

Edited by PvP

I don't recognize those brands, but if you're sure it's a A-graded brand I'd choose the 550 (the one from your link) above the 520Watt you previously mentioned. One other thing is that is't SLI ready, so it's made for this kind of systems.

I found a picture of what NVIDIA is recommending for the 9600 (see below). 400Watt for one card, so with 550 and your specs should do just fine.

To put thing into perspective I found a dutch review of the 9600 and their test system, which was basicly the same as yours, used only 234Watt (on full load) with one 9600 in it.

1199444440_9600GT.jpg

I don't recognize those brands, but if you're sure it's a A-graded brand I'd choose the 550 (the one from your link) above the 520Watt you previously mentioned. One other thing is that is't SLI ready, so it's made for this kind of systems.

I found a picture of what NVIDIA is recommending for the 9600 (see below). 400Watt for one card, so with 550 and your specs should do just fine.

To put thing into perspective I found a dutch review of the 9600 and their test system, which was basicly the same as yours, used only 234Watt (on full load) with one 9600 in it.

Yeah I didn't realize it, but my friend purchased the exact same power supply a few months before, and he said its amazing...so I went ahead and got the 550W :)

thanks alot guys.