LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Mouse cursor freeze during screen animation

DarkDvr

Hello everyone =)

I've searched around, dug through the FAQ, didn't find anything about this. So I hope somebody has any idea as to why this is happening.

Everytime there is some kind of fade/animation effect in windows, my mouse cursor freezes until that effect ends. When effect ends, cursor jumps to where it should be. While the effect is happening, no matter how I move my mouse, cursor stays frozen. it's really annoying actually =(

It's most apparent when I click the little arrow button in "notification area" in system tray (bottom right corner, on start bar) to show hidden tasks - cursor stays frozen until the "slide" effect ends. It also happens when I minimize/maximize windows (I was forced to disable those effects to stop cursor from freezing).

Please help :)

it could be the mouse/ touch pad driver you have installed.

Has it always done this? if it hasnt, then look at what you have installed recently. some conflict is occuring

Similarly look at updating GPU drivers. this is more than likely not the issue, but in saying that... it just might be.

Edited by wook

it could be the mouse/ touch pad driver you have installed.

Has it always done this? if it hasnt, then look at what you have installed recently. some conflict is occuring

Similarly look at updating GPU drivers. this is more than likely not the issue, but in saying that... it just might be.

Well its a 5$ generic mouse, there are no drivers for it except for generic windows drivers. Besides, the touchpad does the same.

Also, I uninstalled 174 drivers and installed 164 drivers - nothing changed.

Any other ideas?

• 3 months later...
Guest Somnivore
Well its a 5$ generic mouse, there are no drivers for it except for generic windows drivers. Besides, the touchpad does the same.

Also, I uninstalled 174 drivers and installed 164 drivers - nothing changed.

Any other ideas?

I've had the same problem and managed to track it down to a KeyMaestro, a program that controls my multimedia BTC keyboard. Apparently it was using some kind of mouse hook, and at certain times Windows refuses to process them, causing input freeze on the mouse. So you should check to see if you're running any kind of keyboard, mouse or hotkey control programs, or anything that might be using a mouse hook. I wasn't sure how to prevent KeyMaestro from doing this but I just decided to use AutoHotKey instead to control my keyboard.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem, I found out it was because of a process called "wisptis". I think it was a Microsoft service handling Tablet input. But my laptop isn't a tablet so it is completely useless. When I killed the process the freezing of the mouse while minimizing/maximizing went away.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest _ Ivar

Thank you very much Guest_Anders_* it fixed the whole problem! Now my mouse appeares "normally" when minimizing. Not freezing anymore!

I've made a better explanation, so here is it:

To fix the problem, follow the instructions:

1. Type down CTRL + ALT + DELETE

2. Now, Windows Taskbar apperares

3. Choose the tab "Processes"

4. See if out can find the F(&^*** process called WISPTIS.exe. This process makes the issue

5. End the following process

6. Now you're done. The mouse-freezing problem issue is fixed!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Fatehi

Thank you very much Guest_Anders_* it fixed the whole problem! Now my mouse appeares "normally" when minimizing. Not freezing anymore!

I've made a better explanation, so here is it:

To fix the problem, follow the instructions:

1. Type down CTRL + ALT + DELETE

2. Now, Windows Taskbar apperares

3. Choose the tab "Processes"

4. See if out can find the F(&^*** process called WISPTIS.exe. This process makes the issue

5. End the following process

6. Now you're done. The mouse-freezing problem issue is fixed!

Thanks a lot! Its solved!