LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Games lagging, need driver update help..

harsha

I have Inspiron 1520 Intel core 2 duo,2 Gb,nvidia8600M GT,vista 32-bit i play games.....i'm getting the frame rate very low in some games like prince of persia 2thrones and oblivion it seems to me dat 7xxx series is more fast than 8xxx or wht driver shd i install to make my gaming experience better :)

tq in advance :)

What driver version are you using currently? Especially on Vista, this can make a big difference. Also, have you applied the Nvidia hotfixes for Vista?

if you have installed vista sp1 then the nvidia gu hotfix is included in that package

Guest GoRingo
I have Inspiron 1520 Intel core 2 duo,2 Gb,nvidia8600M GT,vista 32-bit i play games.....i'm getting the frame rate very low in some games like prince of persia 2thrones and oblivion it seems to me dat 7xxx series is more fast than 8xxx or wht driver shd i install to make my gaming experience better :)

tq in advance :)

Hello harscha,

I've tried many drivers on Vista (same 8600M as you) and I experienced the same problem - lags in games.

Then I found driver 163.67 for Vista 32bit - only this driver works fine for me.

Or maybe you can try to disable multithread support in Nvidia panel (Advanced 3D settings).

Hope it helps. Let us known.

Regards

GoRingo

Hey...

i got the same problem....i got vista x86 and when i play some games(like need for speed carbon) i have some lags. When i begin to play its very good and when i'm playing aboute 15 min then the lag begin. I plays nfs with 38fps them fall to 0. I think i'm using 163,67 nvidia drivers. Someone knows what is this falling frame?

[]'s

Guest GoRingo

Hi,

the Nvidia lag issue on Vista has a common sign - the lags are from the beginning. If you experiencing the FPS dropdown after some time I recommending to you check your hardware (temperature, perform the 3DMAX test)