LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem after OC

Guest Peter

Guest Peter

Ok this is my problem yesterday i overclocked my card using nTune from 500/400 to 680/480 and the temp was 87 max. (nVidia GeForce 8600m GS)

1. Question: Is it safe to run at a temp of 87 ?

2. Question: Sould i OverClock it even more ?

1. Problem: When i play Crysis and press esc it takes like 20 sec for it to open the menu.

Also i have the same problem when i try to modify my weapon in Crysis.

2. Problem: Yesterday when i ran a test in 3DMark06 after i overclocked i got a score of 3333.

But when i startet up my computer today and ran a test in 3DMark06 i only got 2597.

Before i ran 3DMark06:

49969430oa4.jpg

After i ran 3DMark06:

19337904oe6.jpg

As you can see the Memory Clock, Core Clock and the Core Clock (shader) Dosn't move at all..

You know how to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

87C is getting into the range of risky. You might want to see if you can't bring that down some. Also, you should not OC any more. What you have is already quite a gain. And, nTune will not remember your settings at all. If you want something that will, try RivaTuner.

In order for Ntune to 'remember' these settings upon restart, you must create a profile which has the parameters that you would like to keep at startup. To do this:

1.Click on the 'Profiles' tab on the top of the nvidia control panel. Your system should already be overclocked.

2.Save a profile with the name of your choice.

3.Go into adjust custom rules (this is a tab in your nvidia control panel.)

4.Set the parameters you would like to have on startup (Using the custom rules). It should follow this format:

Check 'Load this profile' (the one you previously saved.) And select the condition: When the system first starts windows. Click on accept!

Restart and see if your settings have been saved. This works for me and it should for you!

Regards.