LaptopVideo2Go Forums

problem about overclock the graphic card

boon

my graphic card is 8600 GT 256 DDR3.After i overclocked my card to 600/1200/800, the temperature reached 83 degree maximum. However, when i play game such as call of duty 4 and gear of war, some uninvited condition occured. After play the game for 5 to 10 minutes, the FPS drop significantly. This dropping just occured for less then 1 minutes. After 1 minutes(or less), the game will go back to smooth condition without drop in FPS. After recover for 5 to 10 minutes, the FPS drop again. And then back to smooth condition. This problem keep repeating. The game would not hang or required restart. The window is XP and my laptop is dell XPS 1530. Is this about heat issus or driver issue. I really need help,please.

Thank in advance and sorry for my poor english.

Edited by boon

Yeah the driver vclddmkm.dll is not responding due to overclocking too much. Probably not a heat issue as mine has been up to 90 0c and was fine.. (its fair to say i took it off my couch and put it on a hard surface... and its an XPS like yours.

(currently overclocked and hits 82 0C stable)

( i have also purchased an aluminium cooler, and now runs 3 0c cooler)

As you have probably gussed, the core is the speed at which the GPU processes polygons etc. the Mem is how often ts refreshed and shaders are run. so dependant on the game as to what you want to change the core and mem speeds to.

I Run clock 550 Mem: 840 and it runs the best i have found. (for most games)

FPS will need a higher mem speed than a clock speed as it will need more refresh.

RTS will need a higher core than mem.

hope this helps your OC'ing

Yeah the driver vclddmkm.dll is not responding due to overclocking too much. Probably not a heat issue as mine has been up to 90 0c and was fine.. (its fair to say i took it off my couch and put it on a hard surface... and its an XPS like yours.

(currently overclocked and hits 82 0C stable)

( i have also purchased an aluminium cooler, and now runs 3 0c cooler)

As you have probably gussed, the core is the speed at which the GPU processes polygons etc. the Mem is how often ts refreshed and shaders are run. so dependant on the game as to what you want to change the core and mem speeds to.

I Run clock 550 Mem: 840 and it runs the best i have found. (for most games)

FPS will need a higher mem speed than a clock speed as it will need more refresh.

RTS will need a higher core than mem.

hope this helps your OC'ing

thank for help...

i got another question. It is about overclocking the card.

From your word, there is difference in overclocking the card in RTS, FPS and action-RPG.

can u give me the speed of overclocking for action-RPG,please.

Thank.

as i said before mine is about...

Core-550 mem-850. For RPG i'd set it to

Core-580 Mem-830 you might get 1 frame higher. In RPGames. Or slightly different by 10-5 MHZ. play around with it, and it will feel slightly different... less stutters, burst frame rates will remain constant.

RPG require almost as much core as FPS.. so its not too different. the real difference is strategy. obviously they dont need high core, its all about refresh rate.

Edited by wook