LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce go 7600 - Age Of Conan

Guest Lasse

Guest Lasse

Hey, when I try to start Age of Conan, it's say I have a too old driver.

97,59 something like that.

And that i should Download the 169,24 driver from NVIDIA's webside, but they don't have excatly that driver for

my graphic card, so I went on google, and found a couple of decent working drivers, but here's the problem:

When I start the new drivers setup it tells me:

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

What should i do, like literally rly? help if u know something...

I got a Windows vista 32 bit laptop, geforce go 7600 512mb ram, HP Pavillion dv9000 serie.

Guest chris

hey!

ive got the same problem, but i have a geforce go 7700 card (Asus G1 gamer edition notebook)

there are no drivers supported by geforce and the latest drivers by asus for win xp are 2006/11/09 (!!)

dont know what to do now ^^ i can play age of conan but i have ~10 fps ... sucks hard :)

Guest jagi4

And that i should Download the 169,24 driver from NVIDIA's webside, but they don't have excatly that driver for

my graphic card, so I went on google, and found a couple of decent working drivers, but here's the problem:

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I got a Windows vista 32 bit laptop, geforce go 7600 512mb ram, HP Pavillion dv9000 serie.

i have the same laptop as yours and the same problem...

on nvidia sait the newest drivers i'v download do not want to install...and i don't see go7600 listed anywhere too.

im downloading now this driver:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/...load-15810.html

to test..

good luck

Guest lasse
i have the same laptop as yours and the same problem...

on nvidia sait the newest drivers i'v download do not want to install...and i don't see go7600 listed anywhere too.

im downloading now this driver:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/...load-15810.html

to test..

good luck

Anyone who have the solution to this problem, like if I need a new driver for my system or something related to that?

Guest jagi4
Anyone who have the solution to this problem, like if I need a new driver for my system or something related to that?

i cant find woring drivers!

well..i guess we need to stick up with the old driver for some time.

i went to check HP site for my model which is HP dv9379, and the latest update of the gui drivers was on 01-2008

AoC works the same :) ) ..so go play

Hi yall.

I have the same problem as you guys too. Got from 10-20 FPS on AoC wich sucks. If been looking like crazy on this site for a driver that supports Geforce Go 7900 GS for my Dell Inspiron 9400 and i cant find any at all. Alot of the Modded INF files contain Geforce 7900 GS but not the "Go" version of 7900. It's nuts.

All the programming Gods on this site may see this as a cry for help. Feel free to call me a retard btw, I will gladly give up my dignity too make my GPU work better.

Simple solution. you need to downlod the drver from this site... (or even the one that you were told to download)

Then download a modified *.inf file from this site. Then extract the driver files, then copy the new *.inf file into that folder. It will prompt you to replace the driver? and say yes!

Then run set up.. then it will install then restart your computer.

thats all.

(the modified Inf file adds support for your card)

If they still dont work then..

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0390.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0391.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0392.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0393.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0394.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 LE"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0395.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT "

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0397.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0398.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0399.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_039A.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 300M"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_039B.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 SE"

thats a list of 7000 series cards and their support for the inf i use. add your card to that list. (u will need the ID which you can get from an application called GPU-Z) and add it to the inf file. (down the very bottom of the list where card compatability is found)

hope it helps.. ill check back in an hour see who you guys got on

Edited by wook

Guest lasse
Simple solution. you need to downlod the drver from this site... (or even the one that you were told to download)

Then download a modified *.inf file from this site. Then extract the driver files, then copy the new *.inf file into that folder. It will prompt you to replace the driver? and say yes!

Then run set up.. then it will install then restart your computer.

thats all.

(the modified Inf file adds support for your card)

If they still dont work then..

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0390.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0391.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0392.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0393.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0394.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 LE"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0395.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT "

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0397.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0398.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0399.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_039A.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 300M"

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_039B.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 SE"

thats a list of 7000 series cards and their support for the inf i use. add your card to that list. (u will need the ID which you can get from an application called GPU-Z) and add it to the inf file. (down the very bottom of the list where card compatability is found)

hope it helps.. ill check back in an hour see who you guys got on

well mate, i've been told what u said about the Modifed INF file 3 times now, but as I aint the smartest guy about Computers, I ain't sure what you mean.

Could you try to explain it in a bit more "noob way" give some links and text etc. like I should go there, download that file (inf etc) Where can I find that INF file etc?

After i extracted the driver thingie and got a folder, I should copy the INF file in there and then restart and install? But if that's the case, where can I Find the INF file for my computer?

Hp 17 inch laptop Pavilion dv9000, hope you know where i can find it, a link would save my day literally =) cheers mate.

haha... ok.. what driver do you want??

start with 174.74. Other prople may have their fav. but i have always gone back to this and for me.. its totally the best.

link: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18049

download 'driver' & 'MODIFIED INF' (save them to a specified folder)

will take about 30 mins to download or so.

Once its done double click on the file called '174.74_vista' it will extract itself to a folder called 174.74_vista inside the same folder as you were just in.

Now... drag and drop the INF file into the folder called '174.74_vista' OVERWRITING the original.

Run setup,

Restart

done

Guest anothermike69
well mate, i've been told what u said about the Modifed INF file 3 times now, but as I aint the smartest guy about Computers, I ain't sure what you mean.

Could you try to explain it in a bit more "noob way" give some links and text etc. like I should go there, download that file (inf etc) Where can I find that INF file etc?

After i extracted the driver thingie and got a folder, I should copy the INF file in there and then restart and install? But if that's the case, where can I Find the INF file for my computer?

Hp 17 inch laptop Pavilion dv9000, hope you know where i can find it, a link would save my day literally =) cheers mate.

Go to a driver download page, found in the forums here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?

I suggest a 169.XX series driver (look at the download numbers and choose one with a high download number e.g. 169.28)

Once you have opened the page you will see a few download links at the top of the post. You will want to hit "Driver" to download the driver and "Modded INF" to get the INF file.

*An INF file is similar to a notepad, you should be able to open and read it. You do NOT need to do this.*

Once you have downloaded the archive (driver), extract it to a folder on your desktop or wherever it is you downloaded the file to. Now you will have a folder with the driver and all of its files in it.

Take the INF file and drag or copy it into the driver folder. There will probably already be an INF folder inside the driver folder; hence, it may ask you to overwrite a file, click YES!

Now you may run Setup.exe from the driver folder and you should be able to install the driver normally.

Note: Make sure to uninstall your old driver before installing a new one!

Hope this helps,

Mike aka anothermike69 - just too lazy to log in right now.

It's not working in Toashiba A100 Geforce 7600 :)

the inf file is not working?

You have the standard 7600?

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0391.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0392.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Your will be similar to these... i have no idea what it will be. you need to get GPU-Z and run it. it will tell you the ID of your card.. then add it. eg

"NVIDIA_***.DEV_****.* = NVIDIA GeForce 7600"

so.. open the *.inf file in notepad. Copy and paste the above into it. About 5 lines up from the bottom will be fine.

** Make sure you have downloaded the modified inf file and driver version, as they are often different

Guest jagi4
Hi yall.

I have the same problem as you guys too. Got from 10-20 FPS on AoC wich sucks. If been looking like crazy on this site for a driver that supports Geforce Go 7900 GS for my Dell Inspiron 9400 and i cant find any at all. Alot of the Modded INF files contain Geforce 7900 GS but not the "Go" version of 7900. It's nuts.

All the programming Gods on this site may see this as a cry for help. Feel free to call me a retard btw, I will gladly give up my dignity too make my GPU work better.

you know.. i still dont have the newest drivers but probaly this is not your problem. do u have SP1 instaled on your Dell?

try what i did 2 weks ago when i first got the game:

I have HP9000 laptop with Vista 32 , DualCore 1.8ghz, 2gb RAM and NVIDiA Go 7600 - 512MB dedicated.

Initialy after instalation i had 8-20 fps on LOW settings ..and 5fps in the city.

What i did was:

1. Remove all programs that sit resident in my memmory, includeing all that HP crap, QuickTime, RealPlayer, google toolbar...etc. I manage to reduce my active procesess from 72 to 55!

2. (IMORTANT!)I'v downloaded Service Pack 1 for my Italian Windows Vista 32 (around 500mb from the official Microsoft Site) and install it. (1.5 hours for my system)

3. I'v download the newst drivers from HP site for my Video Card and BIOS ..installed that too (use the latest that works)

4. In game i select Medium Settings tab in Video configurations and lower the shaders from 3 to 2 (thsi may help..may no)

5. Changed Shadows cast from Self only (helps a lot)

6. Play witht he View Distance slider bar in the video options...i use 450 meters which is ok for me

now i can play with 20-25 in the city and 35-45-50 in instance!

i hope this will help somehow..

u have better card then me so hope for better results!

Guest Lawlroos

I downloaded the driver and the modded .inf. Then extracted the files in a folder. Dragged and dropped the modded .inf file in the folder, but it doesn't overwrite any files. What did I do wrong?

I downloaded the driver and the modded .inf. Then extracted the files in a folder. Dragged and dropped the modded .inf file in the folder, but it doesn't overwrite any files. What did I do wrong?

depends what version you are downloading. sometimes its a nv_inf and other times its a nv4_inf file. it should still run setup fine.

Yeah thats the one. nv_disp.inf

Copy it into the folder called 174.74_vista (this is for vista 32 bit)

Then run setup. Should work like a charm

Guest Lawlroos
Yeah thats the one. nv_disp.inf

Copy it into the folder called 174.74_vista (this is for vista 32 bit)

Then run setup. Should work like a charm

So, it doesn't matter if the .inf file won't overwrite any files?

Hi

I demand small help you

The Age of Conan game are aware of to sugest operates such driver that?

(Msi l745 laptop,Nvidia 7600 Go 256MB , Win XP Sp3)

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

i've had extreme issues with trying to use forceware drivers for the geforce 7700 vid card.

i've tried 163.44 , 174.74. when i install and place the modded inf in directory and install the driver windows xp tells me its not digitally signed and after rebooting for driver to take effect it, it doesnt work. the original driver im using now is a different filetype than the modded ones i think it could have been nv4_disp or nvam ( im only guessing here )

would love some input i'll check back here regularly

• 1 month later...