LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Go7900GTX driver recomendations?

evane241

Can anybody recommend some RELIABLE drivers for a Go 7900GTX (Vista x86) I have a fair amount of problems, Im using the 169.04 atm because it got better ratings than the .09 (tried .09 got Display Driver Stopped Responding errors). I still get that error occasionally, except now I get a major performance cut after the driver restarts. I am sick of NVIDIA not offering Vista drivers. Can anyone recommend a reliable driver for me? Also I am playing Mass Effect and I get horrible performance, also one part where you view the Galaxy Map, it docent display at all... HELP!!

Can anybody recommend some RELIABLE drivers for a Go 7900GTX (Vista x86) I have a fair amount of problems, Im using the 169.04 atm because it got better ratings than the .09 (tried .09 got Display Driver Stopped Responding errors). I still get that error occasionally, except now I get a major performance cut after the driver restarts. I am sick of NVIDIA not offering Vista drivers. Can anyone recommend a reliable driver for me? Also I am playing Mass Effect and I get horrible performance, also one part where you view the Galaxy Map, it docent display at all... HELP!!

This driver, 174.31, has been very good for me even though I am running a Go 7900 GS (bios flashed to Go 7900 GTX). The newer driver will probably fix that Galaxy Map issue, but it might just be a game glitch. Hope that helps!

Edited by jtrot1000

I am using 175.63 currently, with the same as the post above, a 7900GS flashed to a 7900GTX bios. But thatgive the best performance for me

Hello all,

I got the exact same driver problems (in vista). I've spend days on figuering out reliable drivers, installed almost all 17x.xx drivers, but all stopped responding or gave artifacting. There was a 167 one that was a bit reliable but can't remember which one.

I now installed XP and have pretty much the same problem, I can't find a reliable one. They are all pretty stable (none stopped responding) but most freeze when full-screen in WMP11 in pause. Also still got serious problems when connecting to an HD television, expanding the sreen, it all freezes. I'm now back at 94.22, eurocom's recommended. Looks good so far.

So, if anyone could suggest a proper reliable 7900 gtx driver (for XP 32bit)...