LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems w Multiple Display

Crynos

Hello everyone... This site was recommended by an nVidia tech, keep up the good work!

I am having issues setting up dual-monitor support for this Qozmio G20 - XG6 (nVidia Go 6600 card).

Essentially, the drivers that come with the system do not support custom displays, and the monitor that I want to push out to has optimal settings of 1680x1050. Hence this search led me to your site. I then installed 175.12 with the modded inf (which worked fine with the solo display) and plugged in the second monitor, a Samsung 226BW, using the analog plug-in. Using the nVidia control panel, I extended my desktop to this monitor, only to see VERY limited picture, essentially just a shadow of the mouse. Whenever I right click on the extended desktop, the monitor goes completely blank for about 10 seconds. I tried a variety of resolutions, cloning the display, extending it as well as primary. Anytime I switch to primary, I lose all display as it goes to a completely black screen.

The drivers for the monitor are up to date and are being properly detected by the nVidia control panel.

The monitor itself works just fine, whenever I plug it into my other laptop, it works. Prior to installing these drivers, it was functional, but limited in resolution displays.

I have added a screenshot of the nVidia control panel, although the SS displays properly, I assure you that my actual monitor display shows complete darkness whenever there is a window engaging the monitor. When I slide the window off the monitor, the limited 'shadow' resolution is restored.... (until I right-click or engage the display)

So, that's where I'm at. I am going to try a few different drivers (starting with version 16745) and see if that helps. Any additional tips would be greatly appreciated!

-Crynos

I have since tried installing a few drivers, namely v163.67 and v158.18 .... They don't seem to be installing correctly as upon reboot, I am still using Standard VGA Drivers.

To install, I am copying the modded INF into the appropriate folder and running the setup.

Any ideas?

When you downgrade your drivers, are you using Driver Sweeper or an equivalent? Your secondary problem sounds like that kind of error. As for the first problem, I once had a 6600 card which would require the system to reboot before it could use an external monitor. I assume you have rebooted?