LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Monitor Auto Adjusting

BigJerm

Alright, this is becoming quite annoying, and I figured I would post here in hopes of some help. Basically, whenever I load a full-screen game, my monitor auto adjusts, and therefore causes the game to be squeezed into the middle for some reason. A lot of the actually game is cut off on the bottom, therefore making for an overall s***ty experience. I am using a Samsung SyncMaster 2043NW, if that helps any. I am using it as a primary display for my laptop, and I am not using my laptop display at all. If anyone has any suggestions at all please feel free to post them, and on a last note I am using a 1680x1050 resolution.

Edited by BigJerm

Does your laptop support DVI? If it does, use this port for the monitor. When FPDs use DVI, they do not have to auto-adjust and they work perfectly no matter what resolution you choose.