LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800m GTS in vista 32-bit.... Driver details

Guest Huntsforu

Guest Huntsforu

I just got the Gateway 171s-fx and its AMAZING. i have been using a Dell 1520 with the 8600gt and the difference is night and day. I want to keep Vista Home Premuim as everything is moving to it (God help us). Anyway, can anyone help to point me in the right direction for getting some drivers worth a darn? By the way, slot load drives are awesome lol. THANK YOU!!!

If I were you, I would just use the latest. They work best for me. By the way, I have a Vostro 1500 with 8600m GT. It isn't that bad.

Guest huntsforu
If I were you, I would just use the latest. They work best for me. By the way, I have a Vostro 1500 with 8600m GT. It isn't that bad.

HAHA no way!!! I was and still am in love with the 8600 gt. awesome card, great performance, and SUPER good price for the hardware. I'm selling my Insprion 1520 with C2D T5250, 2g of 667 Ram, 120HD, 8600 gt 256mb, vista home premium, and a NICE Targus backpack. If anyone is interested in it email me at Genxbrandon@gmail.com. ill run 3dmark 06 and post the scores to let you guys know the performance. havent optimized it or anything but to give you an idea it plays fear on mid settings across the board, and wow plays AWESOME. havent played much other than that. hit me up if your interested, ill take 750 dollars plus 25 dollars shipping, so 775 shipped straight to your house. Thank and God bless =)

How are the drivers working out for you?

Guest Huntsforu

I got the 177.xx drivers and ther are working beautifully. I scored 7435 on 3dmark 06. Are these good scores? and can anyone dig up some good overclocking specs for the 8800m gts? i have tried rivatuner and ntune and the score doesnt change, i may be doing something wrong, but a description of how to overclock this bad boy would be awesome.

I have no idea about the scores. I don't use 3dmark or any other kind of synthetic benchmark. I just install/update drivers and play my games. If they work well or better, I keep the new ones. If not, I go back.

I have no idea about the scores. I don't use 3dmark or any other kind of synthetic benchmark. I just install/update drivers and play my games. If they work well or better, I keep the new ones. If not, I go back.

hehe, that works

I just think the whole idea of synthetic benchmarking is wrong. The idea is to optimize framerate in games, not score the highest in some other program.