LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600GT: ROP decreases when Shader Domain increases

Satyre

I'm using the 177.26 drivers and the modded inf on my new Dell Inspiron 1720 with an 6800GT.

Watching the rivatuner hardware monitor I've noticed that the core clock, ROP domain actually DECREASES at the same time as the shader clock and memory clocks increase when I start a 3d application.

Have I botched something or do I simply not understand rivatuner. The gpu is overclocked to 600 / 500 and the shader and memory core speeds are consistent with this. However the ROP isnt.

Thoughts?

I have noticed this also. I don't think its actually at 100<MHZ core speed, i assume rivatuner is not registering the correct speed. If my core speed was actually 100MHZ it would be incredibly slow. But i still get 5500 3dmark score

Ahh... Well, after installing the new drivers and before overclocking I was getting over 4000. Last test was a terrible 2200... I have borked something. LOL. Going to try again.

Thx for the info. I suspect you're right.