LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.39 Windows Vista 64bit | NVIDIA - PhysX

®®®

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

How does it perform on a 8800M GTX?

Thanks.

Guest Devla

I have a 9800 gtx and tracked down the 177.39 drivers on the web. Together with the 8.06.12 physx drivers, I still get "No PhysX hardware detected".

I thought the 9800gtx and the new 2xx models were supposed to have native support for Physx. What gives?

Guest Guest

But it works in 3DMark Vantage... I found the instruction how to enable PhysX in UT3

nvidiappuut3nr7.jpg

The point 7 is realy important. Without it I had no GPU acceleration, only CPU emulation of PhysX. I haven't Cellfactor and have no idea why PhysX doesn't work in this game. But try to replace PhysXCore.dll and/or PhysXCooking.dll if they exist.

P.S. Just installed Shadowgrounds Survivor and PhysX works without replacing files.

Scores dropped with this as well.... I cant seem to find any drivers that improve my 3dmark scores over the stock 167.43 everything I get lower scores with by about 300 marks.

Modded .INF is still incorrect for the 8800M GTS. You have to do the , to _ fix.Fixed/®®®

Installed and working on my P-6831FX. Haven't checked any PhysX options yet though.

Edited by ®®®
fixed INF. Thanks Boost

This is great, I'm using this driver & included PhyX on my 8800GT on my desktop. My 3DMark Vantage score jumped up by 1700 marks, my overall scores are below . (My system: Core 2 Duo E8400, 8GB DDR2-800, 8800GT)

Prior to Update: Driver Version 175.16

P4902 3DMarks

After Update: Driver Version 177.39

P5372 3DMarks

177.39 With nVidia PhysX

P6629 3DMarks

PhysX options are grayed out and can not be turned on. Looks like a bust for this driver and 8800M GTS's

Ive seen the question asked before but with no answer or im slow and i missed it... i have 2 8800m GTX cards in a sager np9262 and i was wanted to know if the 177.39 works well on it... if so do i download it from here and its good to go or i have to search for a modded INF somewhere else.. any help would be appreciated thank you

Guest Joey
Hey that works on my P-6831FX with an 8800M GTS - good work iMac user!

I just bought a P-6860 FX from bestbuy with an 8800M GTS. It arrives on July 10th-11th. could someone explain instructions to a noob at drivers on how to get physx to work on an 8800M GTS mobile version? thanks