LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My GeForce Go 7700 and compatability

jdheff1982

Hello, new here. I've been running thru the internet trying to figure why the heck my video card doesn't want to work with some games even tho it fits in the games specs. Take the Spore's Creature Creator for instance. It seems some people are able to update their vid drivers for the nVidia cards and get the game working great. However, people like me, who updated to a beta driver thru Guru of 3D and still have no luck are stuck. Here's the deal, I launch the game, it freezes as soon at it shows login screen. SO, I have to do the old ctrl+ alt + del, sit for about 10 seconds then cancel back in to the game. I have to do this over and over and over! It's annoying! My video card should work. The specs for the game list most all nVidia cards. It seems to list the 7600 and 7800 but skips my 7700. My driver version is 7.15.10.9735. And it's not the only game to do this either. Ee-Online does it periodicly as well. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great. It would keep me from having to dump money for a new machine (which I am very close to doing...)

Thanks for your help!

PS: I have attached my DxDiag log for your viewing as well!

UPDATE! I did some more research on the web and was lead to a driver provided by Extreme-G Mobile Force. I gotta say, this driver fixed all the issues with Spore. 1st time since I have played the game that it worked w/o any problems. I also recommend this driver for those to try as well. Here's the linky: http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name...load&cid=16 .

DxDiag.txt

Edited by jdheff1982