LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo A1667G graphic card change problem

Guest Ithares

Guest Ithares

Hi i have some trouble with changing graphic card in my fujitsu siemens amilo A1667G my original ati mobility radeon x700 is severly damaged and cant be used properly only in safe mode also there i have blue or red lines across the screen. I wanted to replace it but cant get new x700 anywhere except german ebay (im from slovakia) so i decided to buy x300 (also from ebay but this one was new and the man who sold it has given me a 12 days waranty if anything goes wrong) which also have mxm slot but when i replaced the original graphic card with its older brother x300 my screen just go black after power on and displays nothing no bios or post just blank screen, the graphic card fits the slot perfectly and its just as big as the x700. My bios has recent version 1.06 and the card is physicaly instaled properly so i dont get it why it just dont want to work at least it could display the bios not just blank screen so im asking is there anything wrong with the card because of what i can send it back or i have done some mistake and the card is ok?

Guest Danny

Hello!

Try to make a vbios backup with Atiflash in MS-DOS mode, you need a bootdisk. If you can get backup (not zeros), you should change the vendor ID in Rabit and write back the correct vbios entry. Who is the notebook's vendor that the card came from?

Guest Danny

If you're lucky, the backup will tell you:). Unfortunately you should blindflash, because the screen is blank. Create a bootable pendrive, copy atiflash, boot up from it and run atiflash with syntax: "atiflash -s 0 backup.rom". If backup.rom created and its size >0 byte send to me.

Guest Ithares

So i finaly managed to get a working boot pen drive and tried that atiflash command with x700 it worked corectly but with that x300 something gone wrong and it has not given out any file, i tried it several times but cant tell whats wrong cause the blank screen any ideas?

Guest Danny

Maybe the card is dead or it has an unsupported eeprom(20,FF) :) . If it is from a HP notebook you should forget it, because these cards have crypted eeproms which are unreadable and unprogrammable:(. These cards only work with HP sbios.

Guest Ithares

today i tested the graphic card in my friends notebook which is same type as mine and from the same vendor to my surprise the card was working correctly it seems i have some hardware problem with my motherboard or something like that, anyway thanks for help !

Guest ithares

It has to be the same we bought the same notebook in the same time and from the same vendor frrom germany so i dont think there could be any difference