LaptopVideo2Go Forums

inspiron 4100

bkhinshaw

I have 2 inspiron 4000 (one was 4000 one was 4100, now they're all mixed up) series laptops, one was a p3 1200 with a gf2go 32mb and the other was a p3 1133 with an ATI Mobility Radeon 16mb(M6-P) . When the laptop with the GF2GO died, I put the CPU and gf2 in the other laptop... I'm now using that laptop and wondering if the motherboard will take a better cpu or video card. I read one post by someone saying they had a 4100 with a pentium 4 2.0ghz... is there any way to find out what CPU this mobo will take? Also on wolf bay they only have the 4150 listed, I'm not sure if it's the same mobo but they only have Mobility Radeon 7500 32 meg listed there, not the GF2GO.

You might be able to upgrade the CPU, but I highly doubt you would be able to change a Pentium 3 for a Pentium 4.

Yeah michael is right.

I think all you will be able to get out of that motherboard is between a 1.30 Celeron Processor, or a 1.30 PIII processor {Maximum}

If you do some more reseach on google you should find more info, and might prove me wrong :)

EDIT: 1.20 not 1.30 GHz is seems.

Edited by wook

i figured as much, i already have a 1.2 here i can put in it... got the max ram it'll take and i'm now 98% sure it dosn't get any better than gf2 so.... guess i got this thing maxed out :)