LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT 512

idro

Well, as I can see, a lot of people are unsatisfied with this graphic card and I'm one of them.

I bought an Acer Aspire 5920G in January and for the price I think it runs games like Unreal Tournament 3 and Call of Duty 4 really fine.

My problem started when I tried to play Unreal Tournament 99. I don't know whats wrong with this game but it just don't lock frames, I lock it to 85 or 60 (monitors refresh rate) but it always goes to 130 140, which makes the game run slow motion offline and online.

As I noticed a lot of people has this "slowmotion problems" with this graphic card but what I think whats strange is that it started running well, with locked fps, 1 month after i started using it. I just started UT99 and voila it was good..

Some days after I had to format c: and voila again it didn't worked..

This episode happens every time I format c: and I'm really tired of this. I play UT99 for online competition and I always have to stop playing..

I appreciate if someone can solve my problem with this game.

Thanks, idro

Are you locking the refresh rate using an in-game setting or Vsync in the Nvidia control panel? If you are using an in-game setting, try turning that off and activating Vsync. If you are using Vista, you must download RivaTuner and use the D3DOverrider program that comes with it in order to enable vsync.

Vsync makes mouse "lag"

Which driver version are you using? Problems like this might also be caused by an old driver.

Which driver version are you using? Problems like this might also be caused by an old driver.

I just tried all recent and old drivers for Vista 32.. It's unplayable!

At what temperature does your card run? This could be caused by overheating.

In standby it goes around 65º and with Unreal Tournament 99 normally goes to 70 80º max.

Those temperatures are just fine for a GPU. I hate to say this, but it may be that the drivers are just broken for this game. And not much chance of getting it fixed, either, since it is 9 years old. Sorry.