LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Video Driver Help with Dell Latitude C840

wilk

I'm using a Dell Latitude C840 laptop with XP Pro SP2. I have a widescreen Dell monitor i'm using as a second monitor. I want to get 1680X1050 on that monitor but the current dell video driver doesn't have that option. I'm using the current video driver from the dell support website. I tried 16501 and 16909 drivers from this site so far but they give me a blue screen and I have to reinstall the default drivers. What is the best driver suited for this laptop? I believe it's a Gforce 440Go 32MB but dell calls it C840.

First of all, welcome to the forums. I believe your problem is caused by the fact that the drivers you have tried do not support your video card. The latest driver released by Nvidia supporting your card was 93.81, so I would recommend downloading that driver and the accompanying Modded INF and install that.

• 2 years later...

Wow what a great bit of information. This has transformed my Dell C840. The official Dell driver is so out date and it is really disappointing that they have held the driver at such an old release. Many thanks.